"The Cheetah" aka the Creepo board. (Upgraded Meepo clone build in progress)

But i’m a bit frightened to ruin this pack, that will have no intensity protection from the BMS…

I was actually searching for a fast 4A charger when i found out this antispark on the same website…

You won’t need a fuse at all imo. And if you feel it’s necessary for two switches I don’t see anything causing any issues.

1 Like

Thanks for your advice @GhettoFab.rictation… Yep… i’m more and more convinced about that…

I wouldn’t set two switches on the circuit, but rather replace one with the other… (actually, i would try to keep the one on the ESC and forget about the one on the antispark…)

i read that it is possible to have anti-spark switch with this esc. Just leave power button on and use xt90S or anti-spark switch. If you’re investing on good li-ion cells, get a good BMS to protect them. I don’t believe this esc will take good care of them. But this is only my opinion, no real proof.

If you search eBay for a 60amp circuit breaker it will give you plenty of results. You can just add one of those between your pack and esc. It just stays connected all the time and if you pull more than 60amps it cuts out. It can also be switched back on by turning the leaver arm so there’s no need to buy a new fuse

Thanks guys… actually the BMS is going to be a correct BMS for balancing and charging the pack, but I’m gonna bypass it for discharge. 60A to 80A/10S BMS are too big, too heavy and too expensive… a 60 A circuit breaker wouldn’t definitely be enough if the dual ESC is able to pull 60A itself… I would need at least 70A or 80A… It’s not that i’m often going to pull 60A from the battery, but i guess that it could happen at starts or hill climbings… don’t want to blow the fuse then…

i’ve been looking for a small fuse breaker, but none will fit my enclosure… they are too big!

hence the reason why i’d like to use this antispark from eskating… it’s small enough to fit my enclosure…

@Grozniy … indeed, the option to leave the ESC switch on permanently and use the switch from the antispark only is interesting… or to definitely close the circuit on the ESC…

I don’t get it, what are you worried about? The pack can be discharged 90A if needed. If it would draw 60a for a couple of seconds your pack would have no issues providing this without causing damage since it will be rated for 90A. The esc will limit the current also

I think the max current you will draw when there are high demands would be 50-60A for a couple of seconds

u are definitely right @Bjork3n… It’s just that i don’t totally trust this ESC’s current limitation… i know that VTC6 won’t even sweat at 20A each (60A)… but can i trust this ESC?.. that’s my concern… an extra fuse at 70A-80A would comfort me… that’s all lol don’t want to ruin a 250 euro pack too fast…

I think it can be trusted, and it will definitely blow/break if it would pull over 50a for a long time. The ESC is cheap to replace if that happens. You dont have to worry about your battery. There is no freaking way that ESC would pull more than 90A before braking down.

For reference the Meepo board ESC is limited to 24A max and it can manage hills at descent speed just fine.

Are you saying that I’m too conservative with my VTC6 pack’s life! :smile: Actually i wouldn’t mind saving a few grams and euros on this board… So?.. no fuse?..

yep i know about the Meepo… but according to @diyeboard, this ESC is 230A, not 212A… as it is the “top notch” of the batches (just set with higher specs… maybe… or not… lmao)

I had the same concerns as you, i orderd a Sanyo 10s2p from Kevin and its discharge is 30A. I will probably draw more than rated 30A when accelerating hard and going up hills but usually you are only over the limit for a coupe of seconds so it should be fine.

The stock battery i have now is only 20A and it been working fine. I have the Diyeboard esc that can pull 50A continuous and 120A for a couple of seconds. But i dont think these Chinese ESC is very current demanding, if they were i dont understand how the 20A battery can even work as well as it does.

yep… even 60A would be relative… u are right i shouldn’t worry too much for cells that are rated at 30A discharge current each in 3P (over rated ok… but…)

Yeah you will probably never experience any sag… they are very well over the recommended discharge rate. =)

it’s the same ESC i have by the way … the specs u mention are those mentionned on their website… but jason told me 2*30A continous… ??..