I came to this forum originally having an idea of what I wanted not knowing DIY capabilities, as I learned more and now I have an idea of what I actually want. I also finally have the capability (aka job, kinda) to build my first board, I been waiting for awhile, gonna update the thread as I buy/receive the parts and maybe you can help me make informed decisions on which ones take longest to ship (first to buy after the deck). Hopefully I can complete it all within the next 1.5-2 months (Big goal + dream of mine).
- Motors: Dual Torqueboards 6380 motors 170kv
- ESC: Flipsky dual FSESC 6.6 PLUS
- Deck: Fully assembled Trampa
- Battery: 12s6p Samsing 30q (most likely going to be built using the solderless NESE modules)
- Enclosure: Not sure yet but some waterproof box (will be top mounted) that can hold a 12s6p battery and the ESC and other electronics
- @3dservisas FatBoy Mini Drive Train v2 1:3 for Trampa Spring Trucks
- BMS: BesTech D140 12s charge only
- Remote: Flipsky VX1 2.4Ghz
Prices (all items on same website + combined shipping cost):
- Fatboy Mini Drive Train v2 1:3 – $365 – Arrived
- Batteries + shipping – $242 – Ordered
- Remote + ESC + shipping – $343
- Motors + shipping – $280
- NESE Battery modules + Extras + shipping – $211
- BMS – $35
- Full Deck + shipping – $892
- Charger (5A) + charge port + Other charging parts – TBD
- Enclosure – TBD
Grand Total = Over $2368 - compared to 1800$ onewheel, evolve, 1600$ boosted stealth, etc. prebuilts I much rather take on a extra hundreds of dollars for the performance and range I will be getting.
I think that is all I need to complete the build at minimum. I hope to add a bluetooth module, speedometer, and RGB lights after completion.
I have been doing lots of research lately trying to figure out the specifics of my build and trying to minimize and mistakes beforehand and get the performance I want out of it down to the last detail. I hope there aren’t any weak links in this system. I seriously don’t want to end up without any brakes going down a hill at 30 mph.
Note: I am a noob and not an expert and do not have a degree in electrical or mechanical engineering.
Hopefully everything works out as planned and it comes out as a beast. Won’t update this main post with me actually building it for a few weeks till I get rolling with more than just the deck which I hope to order within the week. Sorry for the long ass read.