The "DIWhyNot Board"

I started to collect esk8 parts around a year ago for my first build, which never really got completed. It then was run over and I became demoralized with the build for a while. Any way, got some cash so I ordered just enough parts to resurect my board with a few improvements.

This is my first post and it’s from my phone, so excuse my poor formatting.

The specs of the board are: Wheels: MBS all terrain 101mm Motor: Torqueboards 6573 230kv Pulleys: 16-36 DIWhy motor mount Piece O’ Crap Friends old Target skateboard Caliber 44 trucks Abec 7 bearings Mamba Monster 6s esc Multi star 5200 10c batteries (2x4s in parallel.) DIWhy Controler (literally made with spoons)

All my pictures just say “uploading” and have for a while. So if there aren’t any pics I’ll fix it when I can get on a computer.

When you insert the picture in the post editor it will say uploading you gotta wait a few seconds and it will upload, then you click reply/post

1 Like

Well here they are. Unfortunately they uploaded without any sense of order. When I’ve got the motivation, I’ll switch 'em around.

4 Likes

Nice work on that motor mount

Yeh, nice motor mount skills… but why did you just ‘‘cut a hole’’ in the mount to fit the tensioner pulley (bearings) wouldnt a regular hole be better?

Im not sure how tight is that bolt for your tensioner but for me it would look like securing in a hole the whole bolt would have been better… well unless you did not have much space and that pulley with that size bearings had to be at that exact location… :slight_smile:

Actually I got a bit inspired to perhaps try these big mbs wheels one day, too… if they can overcome rough terrain and curbs ok… it might be a good alternative to regular pneumatic wheels :slight_smile:

I didn’t originally plan on the bearings to be that high, but it turned out I misjudged the length of the belt.

The wheels are amazing. I took them for a spin in sorta wet weather and the were great going off curbs and over rocks/sticks. Can’t wait to try them out with the motor!

1 Like

Btw @NashTrash can you report what bearing size did you chose/ use?

Im also planning on installing a tensioner… i have not been to a gear shop yet but I would like to find something that fits on 5mm screw… as that is the current diameter of the hole I made for the motor mount.

So your input might be valuable in deciding what bearing to get :slight_smile:

That’s the ugliest and most beautiful build ever! reminds me of the Iron Man suit Tony Stark made in the cave from the 1st film.

keep up the awesome work

1 Like

Mad props for all of your handy work! I think most people have no idea how much sweat equity is involved with hand tools.

1 Like

I used standard skate bearings which I believe are 8mm (id) and 22mm (od)

1 Like

how is the motor mount fixated to the axle? it doesnt seem like its clamped on or something? is it just pressed in really tight?

1 Like

It’s just a realllly tight fit for the minute. I’m either going to epoxey it place and clean it up, or make some sort of set screw arrangement to keep it in place. I Don’t have a set of taps to do that so I’m still thinking of the best way to go about it.