The Dojo | Sector 9 DHill Division Dojo | Caliber V2 trucks | TB 190kv Motor Dual setup | 10s4p battery pack | VESC | Nyko Kama wireless nunchuck | 90mm urethane wheels

Batteries arrived.

Now I have to figure out how to wire these into 10s4p setup. thinking if I need to use the battery holders or do I just hot glue them together to save space.

what do you guys think and anyone have a wiring diagram for this?

5 Likes

This is a 10s4p. Credit to @whitepony for the diagram

8 Likes

That’s 10s4p

I had 10s3p in my mind lol. Thanks for the correction

thanks @lox897 this is helpful. will try to wire this over the weekend.

Thanks to @whitepony as well for the diagram.

not the cleanest soldering job, but I think it will work.

I followed @whitepony diagram with nickel strips and copper wires.

it’s reading at 41.7v total. I think this means my batteries are fully charged. nominal voltage per cell should only be at 3.6v each, so total should only be at ~36v.

3 Likes

Question to you guys out there, where can i source charging jacks that are properly rated for 42v 2amp battery pack charger? I’m looking at a DC power plug from hobbyking but it is only rated at 1amp@12v. Will this work?

What soldering Iron do you have ? I’ve been planning to make a DIY Spotwelder… Did you have any problems soldering ?

I bought a cheap soldering iron. it’s cheaper but the thing with soldering is the preparation and cleaning of your contact points. takes a lot of time.

I think the receiver is too close to the vesc, the signal will be jam by the board.

Looking amazing! Congrats!

I can’t wait to get my parts to start my build. I’ve heard you can spoil the batteries if you use a soldering iron instead of a spot welder, but it seems you didn’t have that problem at all, all your batteries look good and the final voltage was perfect, good job.

1 Like

Death by electric tape.

Wrapped the battery and soldered the power and balance leads. Power leads split into Y so one goes to the switch and the other to the charging terminal with xt60 connectors.

2 Likes

testing with BLDC

2 Likes

Done! ready to play.

what do you guys think?

12 Likes

Clean and beautiful job, good stuff :grinning:

1 Like

Hi , great build. Can i ask? How does the kama performe ? Any signal lost? Ask this because mine keep dropping signal , losing connection.

I’ve ridden the board for a few kilometers now and yes, I’m losing signal along the way. it’s kind of annoying actually. the receiver is inside the enclosure, so I think the enclosure is barring the signal.

what workaround have you done to improve signal and connection? I’m thinking of putting a hole where the receiver is located and covering it probably with a screen or something. I don’t know yet, still thinking.

I’ve seen several nunchucks droping signal even on really close range with no obstables at all.

the nunchucks look really cool, but if it keeps dropping the signal like this I might opt for a different controller.

aside from the gt2b, what other reliable controllers are out there? is the nano x of enertion good?

From the opinions on this forum, the most reliable controler is the mini remote

2 Likes