THE FURY | 35.4" Custom Deck | Single Carvon V2 Hub Motor | Dexter's 10S3P | Ollin VESC | Space Cell Enclosure

Even if I play with the VESC to reduce top speed to 15mph and reduce other things (I have NO idea about programming a vesc). Will I get more?

You’ll get 4 to 6 miles out of it at a casual cruising speed no greater than 15mph. Go faster you’ll get less, go slower you’ll get more. But you won’t see more than 6 miles out of 97 watt hours i promise.

Its all about the watt hours. For me personally, every dollar i spend after drive train and ESC goes into watt hours. The more i can cram under my deck the better, and if i can do so at a higher voltage i will when i can.

So if I add a third battery? Just the same model as the other two?

Then you’ll have a 12S system and you’ll be able to drain the whole thing even quicker! but if you stay around the 15mph mark you’ll see an increase in range by about 2 miles or so. You’re still at only 146 ish watt hours though. 9 miles max if riding like grandma, but probably around 6 or 7 miles total at fun speed.

I just ordered the two I said above. Which should be my third to improve range? Thanks a lot @longhairedboy

if you’re running multiple batteries in series they need to be identical.

LOL, so I might want to change my order. Which batteries should I get for 100U$S?

3 of these would get you 12S at just about 200 watt hours which i know from my experience will get you 7-9 miles ish for about $120

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/__21422__ZIPPY_Compact_4500mAh_4S_35C_Lipo_Pack.html

The problem is that HobbyKing only sends 2 batteries per order :frowning:

I can only buy two of them, its a real pain in the ass.

What a ridiculous limitation. Maybe you could just order them separately over a two or three day period.

OR…

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/__9513__Turnigy_4000mAh_6S_30C_Lipo_Pack.html

two of those would get you roughly 177 watt hours in series at 12S. and its still at $100.

Are you starting to see the formula for picking packs within a given price range now?

Well, I finally bought 3 x http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/__21422__ZIPPY_Compact_4500mAh_4S_35C_Lipo_Pack.html

I had to buy 2 in one order, and 1 in another order. So I paid for shipping twice.

I’ll post pictures when I have all the components! Thank you all guys

1 Like

@barajabali @longhairedboy @JLabs @cmatson @Kaly @matt

Hi again guys, this is the board I’ll be using! I was inspire by Bolt, the ongoing indiegogo project by Lorenzo Cella. Board measures: Lenght:68.5mm/27" Widht:20.3mm/8" WB:35.5mm/14"

1 Like

measure every component that will be under your board to check for clearance.

@barajabali @longhairedboy @JLabs @cmatson @Kaly @matt

Update: I’m getting this VESC product/vesc-the-best-electric-skateboard-esc/ And this remote product/torqueboards-2-4ghz-mini-remote-controller/

This is what I designed so far, I know is not much. I need some help regarding wiring, connectors required (XT-60 M/F, XT-90 M/F) and the most important thing, how will I charge it all? I want to charge the three batteries at the same time, if possible and what do I need?

1 Like

There are at least two options for charging them all at the same time.

1. Wiring the packs in series and correctly combining the balance leads into a 12S balance lead (i’ve never done that before, but theoretically it should work) and using a 12S balance charger or

2. use a parallel charging board to charge all three packs at once after you disconnect them from the each other as well as the ESC since you can’t charge packs wired in series in parallel, or so i’ve seen and have been told. Bad things happen.

3)If you have room in your box, take option 1 and instead of buying a balance charger you could buy a 12S BMS and dedicated 12S charger to make charging super simple, and it wold probably cost a little less than a separate balance charger.

Sounds good and I agree with what longhaired boy said. Your battery is only going to be 4500 mah tho… not very long riding time

4500mah @ 12s is ~199.8Wh. So about 19.9km or 12 miles-ish, right?

1 Like

According to @longhairedboy , i’ll get 7-9 miles. Thats fine by me!

Maybe 12 miles on a flat surface, I expect something around 7-9. Like @longhairedboy said.

There’s math, and then there’s the street. I expect that there’s probably a reliable percentage you could subtract from math to get ~street, but i’m not sure what it is. I suspect its somewhere around 25 to 30%.