The Future of Esk8

The future of ESK8 is a thumb remote with OLED display. cough

A deck that houses all the components. cough

Maybe a direct Drive System? cough

2 Likes

lol shameless plug ā€¦ fucking love it :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

@Michaelinvegas I donā€™t think the simplicity and appeal of regular skating will be replaced by esk8, but there is definitely a complimentary market emerging. I see lots of folks that we wouldnā€™t normal think of as ā€œskatersā€ getting into esk8 for the fun of a surfy commute or a high-speed thrill they canā€™t access on a normal board.

1 Like

I swear every comment you make is so detailed and accurate haha

1 Like

ha thanks @lox897 !

Yep #bestmoderatorof2017

1 Like

The future of e-skateā€¦

4 hub motors with AWD, fully streamlined battery, waterproof, and shockproof

Imagine what happens when people starting taking electric boards off jumps. Think skateboarding + motocross. Itā€™s only a matter of time until they are robust enough to handle it. e-skate on a halfpipe?

High speed track racing? Speedboarding is a terrible spectator sport. So take away gravity, add powerful motors, and put us on a track. How awesome would that be? I know plenty of speedboarders whoā€™d race electric skateboards at 50mph+

2 Likes

Getting Redbull sponsoring esk8 :open_mouth:

1 Like

We should defintely lead rather than follow on this. All boards sold with a helmet, a guide of how to ride amongst pedestrians and traffic maybe? A ā€œdonā€™t be a dickā€ guide to eskate to minimise bad publicity and injury. Also a good idea to familiarise yourself with your local laws. Queensland skateboard laws Definitely donā€™t want to end up classified as a personal mobility device Just reading this legislation hits home that we ride in a grey area and itā€™s a privilege not a right to eskate.

Ahhhā€¦but as you can seeā€¦regular skateboarding falling by the way side in favor of Esk8. More attractive to non-skaters. Why would they go back to kicking?

1 Like

they havenā€™t stopped kicking yet :slight_smile:

I think that for now cost is going to be the limiting factor, a decent complete park deck or longboard can be found cheaply.

I agree, however, that if we see supply increase and cost decrease, eventually there will be a larger convergence!

I have essentiallyā€¦Iā€™m not gonna be the only one

Hummā€¦ok hereā€™s my thoughtā€¦Acton 4wd ā€¦ because each of those hub motors suck by themselvesā€¦ really the only other reason is for power.

I always wish I was on a regular board when I approach a crack or curb that I couldā€™ve easier ollie over

2 Likes

I want to see an esk8 withā€¦

Mind control. Magnetic bindings. Inductive charging mats. Some kind of futuristic nano tech based batteries impregnated into carbon layers so a super thin, light, strong, but flexible board could be made thatā€™s all battery. More layers = more range.

3 Likes

Plus Fucking one :joy: :smiling_imp:

3 Likes

@Mobutusan @JohnnyMeduse Iā€™m actually think about controlling a board with a glove. you can see other people do it, and you can get the proper arduino sensors. but thats not as good as mind control! :smiling_imp:

1 Like