The Imp | Custom 34" "Vanguard" Deck | 80mm Kegels | Caliber 50 Trucks | Dual Turnigy SK3 - 6354-260kv | JuniorPotato93 Pulleys | 8S6P Samsung 25R 15Ah | Ollin VESC and E-Switch | Custom Motor Mount | Custom Fiberglass Enclosure

My phone has been terrible with strava lately. Currently trying other apps to see if it’s the phone. Or I’m just really fast!

2 Likes

Simpler math i find is 10Wh = 1km. so a 444Wh pack = 44km simple. not 100% accurate, but close.

1 Like

Those motor mounts are really nice! How did you go about getting them made? Do you have a design file for them maybe?

I had them CNCed but I’m sure you could probably get away with waterjet/laser cut to save money depending on material/thickness. I used Aluminium 6061 T6 for these and they are very very stiff. Base is 12.7mm(.5") thick and the thin plate portion is 6mm (~.25") thick, one piece because that’s just what I wanted, I personally think it’s better if you’re going to be doing a custom build for yourself only. That way you can design for optimal ground and deck clearance as well as you dont have to worry about extra nuts and bolts everywhere. Plus its a very clean look which I thoroughly enjoy.

Pm me and I can either send you the file as is or if you’re using a different motor I can change the bolt hole placement for that one you want.

I’d be interested in the mount files as well. Do you recall how much it costed for you to have them CNCed?

See here’s were it gets interesting. I don’t know the actual cost of getting them CNCed as they were CNCed by family friend with a machine shop who happened to have a CNC. Soooooo… No clue.

Nice! I need to find myself a buddy with a CNC machine… :smiling_imp:

PM’d btw!

I’m sure you can reach 35km with 444Wh, I have 220Wh and can ride like 15km and I’m using 1 motor on 6S which is less ecologic then your setup so you should go like 35km I guess :slight_smile: (btw I use 15Wh/km)

I’ve gotten 35km + if not closer to 40 on my first charge on the 444Wh battery pack. That happened to also be the only time I got 35km + on there because I kinda sort of overheated the batteries while using my DIY spot welder without any arduino type of pulse modulation so I kinda messed that up and now I cant ride it at all…

But the underlying message is you CAN get 35km+ on a 444Wh battery pack.