The legitimacy of a trademark on an opensource design

Stop spending money on your lawyer my man, that conclusion is precisely accurate. Case closed.

5 Likes

@trampa you spew a lot of garbage while seemingly knowing very little about something that IS your businessā€¦maybe you should seek better legal counsel

3 Likes

My objective is to shut that shit down if be every tried to drop the boot in the US. To do that, gotta have a lawyer. Iā€™ve got friend here and everywhere that are not very legla savy, this is more of a ounlic service than anything.

1 Like

I just wish we could compile a collection of all of Trampas missteps and mishandlings of the VESC project and post it to the front page so all member can see

4 Likes

Iā€™m always happy to give probono advice to guys around here. If you or they have any legal questions, just send them my way. Save the money for a nice board :wink: Cheers, A

12 Likes

I just wanna say Iā€™m.proud if all you fuckers. I felt like I was the only one fighting against this for a long time, almost let it go a few times. Iā€™m glad see you stepping up and taking the risk to fight against abuses in the marketplace.

8 Likes

Glad you are here to tell us whatā€™s up with the legality of these issues. These claims are hard to digest for many of us non-attorneys.

Now Iā€™m even more stoked to have ordered from you.

3 Likes

Totally understand man. Unless you breathe in and out these concepts day in and day out, itā€™s very hard to wrap your head around quickly. Many nuances. Hence my long posts, itā€™s just very hard to vulgarise. Problem is that I see a lot of people saying non-true stuff about IP. You canā€™t ā€œwingā€ IP, you just canā€™t. And what Iā€™ve seen here is someone winging it.

PS: and thanks for ordering! We canā€™t wait to hear what you think of it in the flesh.

4 Likes

Whats so funny is that when someone posts ā€œshameā€ style threads it goes noticed right away. Still @trampa send pm and posts on here with his scare tactics and bullshit no one contacts him about it. Hhhmmmm. It might just be me noticing these things. Iā€™m with the peeps on this one. I would suggest going to legal counsel just to see whatā€™s whatā€™s up with this crap @trampa is doing. @stewii look into it we all know your ESCape is awesome and different in its own way not an exact copy still take some time to look into this Info

1 Like

@trampa somehow thinks they own the idea of a rectangular box with wires coming out of it. Which is ridiculous because prior art goes way back into the 1800s.

This is akin to Frank sending a black van to your house filled with armed thugs, and it says a lot about him.

3 Likes

He prolly would if he could afford it. :grinning:

2 Likes

Dat armed black van :smiley: Reminds me some video series :smiley:

1 Like

This made me laugh. Good one man.

3 Likes

Frankā€™s just mad cause @Stewii is giving us a way to ESCape the Trampa (trap)

I finally get why itā€™s called the ESCape now. :laughing:

6 Likes

In the past, I was sympathetic and understanding of Trampa and Frank. Not anymore.

Going after someone for designing a metal box with wires sticking out of it and claiming heā€™s infringing on your design patent is absolute BULLSHIT. Itā€™s as stupid as Apple and King with their bullying tactics.

Coming here onto these forums and deliberately trying to stymie any innovation and progress for your own benefit is absurd. Please go crawl back under whatever rock you came from. Youā€™d be doing us all a favor.

2 Likes

What it says about Frank and the brand Trampa is that he is concerned about the possible loss of sales due to someone else coming up with a similar product and gaining a LOT of popularity. I can understand his position, however I do not agree with his reaction. Threatening people who may pose an issue to your business is not how you should run a business and you will lose customers. @stewii keep doing what youā€™ve been doing man, and that is providing an alternative to overpriced products from greedy vendors. Look at it this way, youā€™re obviously doing something very well if you have the likes of other business worried enough to be contacting you.

5 Likes

With his prices Iā€™m pretty sure he can afford it

Rumor is Trampaā€™s biz is barely surviving

How is that possible? It seems to me they are by far the most used boards I see on the forums. In terms of mountain boards they are like 95% of the decks used along with trucks and wheels. I know a lot of companies owners are on this forum, now would I be wrong in thinking Trampa is the most successful, biggest one? Probably followed by Enertionā€¦ well regardless, Trampa seems to me to be the most used boards and now they even have the license for the VESC 6, I imagine Frank threatening @stewii is just him being more and more greedy, coming up with frivolous lawsuits, very much like a patent trollā€¦ Not cool. That kinda of behavior is counter intuitive to the whole purpose of this forum. Shamefulā€¦

Nice try Frank but I believe that sticking to proven methods when you threaten people is more than enough. Also @stewiiā€™s favorite horse head and fish in a newspaper would resonate even better with your customers.