Hey all! I started my build last year but had to postpone it until now…
I’ve finally got my calculations done and got the parts list together. Could you guys check this for me to see if I’ve worked this out properly or if you have any recommendations for the parts that I don’t have yet? For the most part I’ve used the information and resources on this forum and YouTube to get me going.
I’m aiming for more of a hill & distance build rather than fast speed build as I will be tackling a couple of hills on my journey into the city and back (and going too fast proper scares me, lol). I’m aiming to have enough charge in the batteries to do that, it’s approx 3.5 miles to the city (so 7 miles total). The hills are not that big and more long than steep.
Going from the calcuations from this post:and this one:
(yes I’m a bit of a fatty at the moment, but have already lost 10kg and continuing to lose more)
Here are my calculations from the calc.esk8.it
THESE ARE THE ITEMS I ALREADY HAVE
- Deck: Longboard 000019 - Angry Lion http://www.ebay.de/itm/Longboard-Long-Board-Skateboard-Surfboard-komplett-Flex-Longboards-medium-high-/400910298419 (bought separate trucks and wheels to use)
- Wheels: 83mm Wheels (Flywheel Clones) purple
- Trucks: Caliber style trucks https://www.electric-skateboard.builders/t/37-nano-controller-2-4-ghz-eu-group-buy/7672
- ESC: Enertion’s Vesc Standard
- Pulley: Motor Pulley: 15t, Wheel Pulley: 36t, Belt size: 12mm http://www.enertionboards.com/electric-skateboard-parts/12mm-wide-drive-pulley-kit/
- Motor Mount: https://www.electric-skateboard.builders/t/eu-us-22-carbon-motor-mounts-anodized-aluminum-clamp/20795
THESE ARE THE ITEMS I NEED:
(mostly getting these from the fantastic @fottaz )
Battery Pack: 10s4p http://eskating.eu/product/10s4p-electric-skateboard-battery/
Remote Control Either the Mini remote or the Alien Power System Remote Control: http://alienpowersystem.com/shop/radio-transmitters/alien-power-system-2-4ghz-electric-skateboard-remote-control/
Here is the hill gradient tool I used for my route into the city: https://www.doogal.co.uk/RouteElevation.php
Start altitude: 25 metres End altitude: 12 metres Maximum altitude: 33 metres Minimum altitude: 12 metres Distance: 5.4 km Total ascent: 51 metres Total descent: 65 metres Maximum gradient ascending: 8% at 3.4 km Maximum gradient descending: 10% at 3.2 km
The only parts I haven’t totally decided on yet is the helmet, protective gear. I will be getting that nearer my completion of the build.
Once I’ve got all the parts I will do a wiring diagram before I start putting it all together.
Thank you for taking the time to read this, and if possible help this girl out
Also, I’m based in the UK so I do prefer items I can get from the EU for shipping. Aiming to spend no more than £300-£400 more on the rest of the parts (not including protective gear).