The Lioness | First build | Caliber Type Trucks | 83mm Purple Wheels | Winning Mini Remote | Vesc | 170kv Motor | 10s | 15t/36t

Oh right! Yes they do 10s4p, so I will consider getting that instead. Thanks @TarzanHBK

http://eskating.eu/product/10s4p-electric-skateboard-battery/

1 Like

@fottaz Yes I will do at some point soon! Thank you very much :slight_smile:

1 Like

Version 2 of nano remote is pretty much better! I’m testing it and signal it’s really nice.

1 Like

@fottaz Cool! I really like the design of it, possibly may get it instead. I’ll add it to my list to have a look at.

1 Like

Hope so! I like the small thumb-design very much, but had lot´s of issues with V1

2 Likes

Alright, so I’ve pretty much got my list ready, just need to chose between the 170kv and the 190kv. Hmmm.

Plus I need to choose a different remote as I have the Winning remote which has had a few bad reviews on here. I’ll either go with the Mini remote or the Winning V2 remote. Or maybe even the Enertion remote. So many choices! :smiley:

1 Like

I’d prefer 170kv, more torque, less top speed. But 190kv is not so far about torque, specially if you get 15mm drive, and because of more kv you will get higher top speed…

1 Like

@fottaz Yep I think I’ll go more torque as I do have a few slight hills on my journey.

I’m so excited for this build! :grin:

3 Likes

I need 40 km range any one suggest for it?

My setup is dual motor 280 kv 12s motor 80a esc 12s 97mm wheels 15t to 36 t spur gear

@Monty I would suggest creating your own new thread and not use my one as you will receive better help as I am only starting myself and our builds are quite different. :slight_smile:

Create your thread and I help u, don’t hijack others post

Or even this remote from Alien Power System:

So many to decide from now. Do I want a trigger style, or a thumb stick style… Hmmmm.

1 Like

I will get new Maytech remotes soon :slight_smile:

Oooh. Yes I might get one of those too. I’m eager to try out the thumb style or trigger style and see which I prefer the most.

I’ve got a mini remote which is the trigger style from @bigben earlier this month.

All going well I will be ordering the motor, battery pack and case from you @fottaz later this month/early next month! :smiley:

Ok no problem! Take your time! :slight_smile:

Right, I’m getting ready to buy the last few bits.

But for now, I’m looking for an enclosure for the battery & esc where I can take it off or open quickly incase of a problem.

(after seeing this thread: https://www.electric-skateboard.builders/t/some-fun-video-of-my-longboard-exploding/26120)

At least so I can minimize the risk a bit more to my whole board. I’ll be using a battery pack with built in BMS and switch from the lovely @fottaz but I was just want to be that extra bit safer.

Some sort of box I can open? Bonus if it’s waterproof/dirt proof to.

What do you think?

Coming from a guy who tried 3 different remotes because stubborn for that thumb trigger, Get a remote thats known to be reliable. I ended up with a trigger mini remote as both my thumb trigger ones had problems.

One was probably due to a bad batch of recievers (benchwheel) , other was the winning which kept trying to kill me while riding :joy:

Edit: I wanna try the maytech remote someday aswell as its one of the remotes I have not tried so if someone tried them(especially the newer ones, lmk)

Hi :blush: I Just have the enclosure that you have to unscrew to open It, as everybody here…

Its very hard to see Fire if you use Lithium pack, I think, and hard to find an enclosure that you Can open fast.

Im getting ready with this beautyful mounts :grin:

3 Likes

Looks good @fottaz!

I’ve got a mount already (plus another on the way).

For the enclosure I do l like yours best, will probably be getting that with the motor and battery pack from you.