The Low Rider (fits under a boosted + airline friendly batteries) // Unity + R-Spec Drive Kit // Hummie Deck // 12s4p 30q's // Winfly Hardware Compression Pack // Big Ben Enclosure

Damn I would love to integrate this on my board. Where could be find the source code you used, as well as a parts list?

I’m planning on putting up something like a how to in the near future, so stay tuned!

1 Like

Readying for travel

20190209_031657

Maybe I should stick these Boosted SR 99WH stickers onto each one of them?

20190209_032257

13 Likes

Curious where you got those stickers

From my six boosted batteries.

JK.

From a friend who prints them.

3 Likes

So to prepare the batteries for the flight, I first taped the terminals

Secured the dangling braid in place

Wrapped in a bubble wrap envelope (I repurposed some amazon bubble envelopes I had lying around)

And rolled it to make a battery burrito

Prepped the others

I replaced the first one I wrapped with a white amazon bubble envelope for consistency lol

For the last one, I decided to disassemble the pack into individual cells so I can get under the “5 spare batteries” rule that my airline has. I put it in a box with my flashlight to make it look harmless.

Also wrapped my board for protection. For this trip I decided to swap out the R-Spec drive with a pneumatic Drivetrain cause my hometown has really shitty roads.

Successfully made it past the first airport’s security. Two more to go.

11 Likes

20190210_231517

Just passed Incheon airport security @goldrabe @bevilacqua

They stopped to pat check it, then asked what it was. I said batteries. They asked what for and I said photography studio lights. Then they let me go. Didn’t open it or anything.

16 Likes

Congrats! I am always terrified before entering Seoul airports. Do you have experience with Chinese airports, Beijing, Shanghai?

you might wanna pack ur board better next time. (in a cardboard box with padding) airports can be pretty rough with luggage handling

Oh don’t worry, I placed that inside a bag, I didn’t check it in like that.

3 Likes

Just Hongkong. But no experience carrying batteries.

1 Like

Took her out for a spin today and did a solid 33mph for 20 seconds, maxing out at 95% duty cycle.

20190323_165525

Look at those motor temps climb though. Definitely felt that torque loss due to thermal throttling at the end of this run.

2 Likes

I’m curious, given your experience, how do you think that something like the Torque boards direct drive will fare given the clearance (assusming theyre mounted bottom mount but flush with the deck as you did yours)

Edit: talking about mounting on a hummie deck

8min ride and 201F motor temp…it’s crazy

1 Like

Well if you look at this video, I was really pushing the hubs to its limits. Look how quickly I went to 30 mph from around 15, and how much amps I was pushing to the motors.

6 Likes

I think it’ll fit. If you remove the thane on the raptor hubs, you’re left with the 6374 sized hub motor which is the same size as the TB motors if I’m not mistaken. I think that’s enough clearance especially if you route the top to make the baseplate flush.

1 Like

Awesome, thanks for the insight!

20190416_173153

My charge port and power switch now have a proper home lol.

6 Likes

Awesome!! Would you mind sharing the cad/stl file? :slight_smile: its so nice

Hello I’m back to doing random shit with this board.

First I swapped the rspec drive with a regular dual 6355 drive with a 15:36 ratio cause I had some motors and popocas lying around. Just bought dickyho mounts and 3d printed wheel pulleys cause I’m cheap. Since the Popoca’s are 90mm the board is still a pretty low rider.

20190501_003915

Gives me about 29mph max, less than the 33-ish I can do with the rspec drive but at least I don’t overheat when I climb hills (unverified until I do a group ride) and I also consume less energy (never got above 27wh/mi with aggressive 30a batt 70a per motor settings).

I also modified dickyho’s pulley cover to make my board stand up on its own.

20190510_214052

20190510_214204

20190510_214105

That’s it for now!

12 Likes