The ''Mad Scientist'' GT2B mod

‘Mad Scientist Mod’ sounds better :smiley: @Haimindo
I will change the Thread name.

3 Likes

This looks like a perfect candidate for InstaMorph!

A+, you win for most compact GT2B mod!

1 Like

Yeah! Did i win money? i need some for a 3D Printer :smiley:

1 Like

Better than money, all the internet points! To enclose that masterpiece would be akin to scraping the Sistine Chapel ceiling, keep it raw/hot-glued :sunglasses:

Yeah some said i should cover it with stuff but i like it this way. It feels surprisingly good in my hand without cover. Its easyer if you just make the glue round to make it more comfortable. (Holy moly i had to google 4 words in your Reply to understand it^^)

Just slip a baby booty on that…poke a couple of holes…

That way you can get at it if you need to

Edit: big piece of heat shrink

1 Like

Started

3 Likes

Curious to see how it goes for ya

3 Likes

Nice to see someone do it too^^ Do you want to glue it or use zip ties?

1 Like

Moved the trigger to the other side as I think it is more ergonomic.
BTW I didn’t have to cut or soldier a single wire. Even the channel 3 button works.

2 Likes

Awesome :smile: But you need more hot glue skills.^^ Why do you still have ch3? Is it possible to use it for cruise controll?

What do you mean? Are there hot glue skills?

I plugged in my gun, put in a stick and dipped everything in glue. Making sure the stuff wouldn’t burn my finger.
That’s what I did and that is what it’s look like. :grin:

Might use ch3 to switch on a voltage display.

2 Likes

I want to see how it looks like now^^

I planning on building a version 2 of my mod^^ With peeled battery, removed Plastic stuff, removed buttons (all buttons exept for On/off is not needed), and new soldered antenna for THE smallest (possible) GT2b mod. Stay tuned i upload it when it arrived and modified in about 2-3 weeks :slight_smile:

I think if you dont need to move things around (like replace battery) you could put everything in fast drying clay… and then perhaps even paint it…! This way you should be able to get some nice shape and also more discreet look!

Something like sugru would work wonders here, I think… would be no need to print enclosure or something :slight_smile:

1 Like

I think that much sugru would cost a bit too much, and it’s a too flexy to make an enclosure :confused:

yeah, sugru is the expensive way… but it would be good for elasticity…

Fast drying clay (air drying) is not very expensive…It is usually sold to children for making crafts / figurines but the bad part is that it tends to crack when it is drying.

Also some final coating will probably will also needed as it states it might soften with water but I have no tested it myself.

Cracks can later be filled with some kind of glue or epoxy anyways… The good part is that you can mold it into shape you need / like.

Here’s how it looks:

There are different hot glue colors available, with black one and a little knife shaping it could look quite neat :grin: