The Modular Distraction

On SK3? Philips screws on the fan break, replace them with stronger m2.5 6mm screws https://i.imgur.com/NuEyzYc.jpg

2 Likes

Those hobbyking mounts and pulley kits are some deal any good?

1 Like

And get some wire mesh to stop rocks getting stuck in the motor the mod for it is somewhere on here lol

Yeah they gucci

Just not adjustable, but that’s a small price to pay for most.

1 Like

Cheers, I’ll definately do that.

1 Like

Cheers, I’ll definately do that. I think one of my mates will have a taping set

Do they fit tb218 trucks?

Since it’s using those ‘diagonal clamps’ that the other TB compatible mounts use, I’m going to guess yes. Probably will take some filing to make sure there are 4 points of contact.

1 Like

man thats unreal couldnt make em for that…

So I got some packages.

I think this will work for the alignment of the belt. With the bigger wheels there is some wheel bite so I’m going to have to do some mods to the board where I have marked with pencil. I think it looks a little goofey with the wheels sticking out like this but I’ll probably just get use to it.

Ive also bought one of the photon remotes. With alll of the features it will keep me tinkering for a while.

I just have to wait for some more earth monies, so I can get the battery and Focbox.

1 Like

If you ever plan on dual I’d suggest flipping that motor pulley around so you can move the mound closer to the wheel pulley :wink:

I was thinking about that, but the motor shaft is about 4mm too short for the pulley. If I flip the pulley the locking screws sit half off the end of the shaft, so if I can find a pulley like the Enertion ones with only a small area for the locking screws then it will work beter.

I have gotten rid of the Torqueboard pulley in favour of the Enertion 36T slip ons with some spares. I know I’ll loose some torque but probably not too much going from 40T to 36T.

Ive ordered a Focbox and am still waiting for the Photon remote.

I’m also tossing up between the 10s3p or the 10s5p with the respective enclosure from Diyeboard. Do you guys have any thoughts on those two batteries, apart from the range differences?

Well the 10s5p seems far to thick at around 50mm

1 Like

Well, I’ve been as busy as a cat trying to bury a sh!t in concrete.:grin:

I’ve sanded the paint from the bottom of the deck. I also milled some wheel wells, there not perfect but what do you expect for a first time by hand with a dremel.

I’ve also ordered the 10s3p battery from Diyeboard.

2 Likes

Some more mucking around in the garage.

I traced the wood grain with a marker rather than put a graphic on, I like how it sort of looks like a map.

I made a houso sliding glove. I tried using hot glue gun sticks with a heat gun but the velcro just peels off so I had to do some arts and craft stitching. I got the pucks from a plastic place for $5.

1 Like

A couple of updates.

I repositioned the motor mount with around 1mm of clearance between the pulley and the mount.

I cut a flat spot in the shaft and mounted the motor pulley with just under 1mm clearance. Is that too close?

With the new 36T enertion pulley the 280mm belt is too long, I’m guessing that a 265mm belt would be a better fit? Or maybe 250?

I also swopped the fan screws for some M2.5 10mm screws but had to cut a few mm of the end.

`

So everything has come in the mail and this is where im at now.

I am trying to set everything up in BLDC tool.

My firmware is 2.18, should I upload 2.54 from Ackmaniac?

What battery cutoff should I set or any other setting that a noob would not know?

1 Like

If you want sensors, and are comfortable splitting ur motors open alien power systems sells internal hall sensors that u can add easily for like 7$ I think

Also if you’re using ack, use the setup wizard… it has decent presets and explains everything