The New trend on esb

This whole search button thing is not needed. I didn’t even know there was a search button until I’d already started building my board. I got help from reading posts that others had made in building things. There is easily enough information for new users to start learning just from reading some of the build threads at the top of the forum.

I understand that it gets annoying for older users having to answer the same questions all the time but I don’t think telling them to use the search button is the right approach. Like someone else said I think there needs to be more basic topics pinned to the top of the forum

If they read they wouldn’t need to ask the question and be told to search :yum:

I have actually seen plenty of posts answered with a link to the search result obtained when introducing ops thread title in the search bar… This exceptional cases are the ones slowly transforming random users into old users. O and this guy I remember who once opened 4 threads with the same question. Some of them he opened when the question had already been answered in another of his threads

Here’s an idea, check their profile & if read time is <12hr we should file the helpful response

Shark wheels everywhere?

What if you would invent a teleporting device, would you share it? I wouldn’t!

Ok here’s the bottom line on this forum:

Yes, there is a lot of clutter and repetitive topics. Yes, there are a lot of new members who don’t really know what they’re doing yet.

But - the search function WILL find you what you’re looking for if you do it right. The only time when it is acceptable to start a new thread is if it’s asking a question that HASNT come up before, or informing the community about something new that HASNT been done before. The only reason that I don’t just close and delete every repetitive thread from new members is because telling them to use the search function will start to help them understand the general rules of how this community works, and when to start or not start a topic. And contrary to @saul’s belief, I do think that every bit of information you could ever need as a new or experienced member can be found in seconds with the search bar. The other day, I wanted to reprogram my Torqueboards 12S ESC, and hopefully deal with an overheating problem that it’s been having. You know what I did? I went to the search bar, typed “Torqueboards 12S ESC overheating” and “Torqueboards 12S ESC programming” and instantly found two threads with what I needed. This forum works just fine the way it is, and people who don’t use the search bar only perpetuate the problem of irrelevant information - which btw @saul does not “fall into the abyss”, but rather may start to impede upon searches for information due to their extremely general titles and totally useless discussions.

FOR ANY NEW MEMBER WHO SEES THIS:

THE FORUM IS NOT CHANGING SOON, NOR ARE ITS GUIDELINES. DONT START USELESS TOPICS; PLEASE USE THE SEARCH FUNCTION

Have a nice day :slight_smile:

7 Likes

This is so true. If you find the solution to a problem it is your choice whether or not you share it and we all get to use our best judgement when we make this decision.

For the simple easy questions I share. But my teleport device is for me :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Throwing my personal point in

I started out very and I mean very interested in the Hobbs in fact more the the average noobs I hade 4 days read time and watched every YouTube video I found

This helped me understand everything I needed to know for a basic “6s fvt sk3 build”

But me digging deeper discovering bms lion made me more interested and here is the thing that confuses noobs I think Because when you say search and you search exactly for the what is a bms there is no instructions that comes up and noobs give up and create threads. The title were the information is hidden has nothing to do with their question so the again give up instead of reading

We need to make dedicated thread most important easily searchable or pinned!

Now I’m pretty activ been upped to regular and knows almost everything needed and keeps up with the very lates so in the end it’s all about the builders initiative and will power to succeed // Byeee

Btw the noob that got problem do they really think they are the first ones? That no one has tried to solve the exact same problem for so many years of eskating and the “noob” discovers a worlds first

probably an onpopular opinion from my side but, i consider beeing able to research/search for information a basic survival skill. if you cant do that, one must be either a realy lazy person or worse. if you cant do that, you probably shouldnt try to build an esk8 in the first place (security whise).

it took me a few days of research (this forum, blogs and youtube) to figure out what to use and how to build an esk8. havent asked a single question (as far as i remember) because i found everything in here and applied some common sense on what i couldnt find.

that beeing said, i think asking a user to search is a total legitimate answer as long as the topic title doesnt allready spit out search results (which it honestly does most of the times)

6 Likes