The nicest hub motors! For sale cheaper than anywhere!

100 for another pair… f*cking hell that’s so enticing… I might just have to do it…

1 Like

Well there are carvon, jacob and hummie. I doubt the chinese Hub motor that I have would be a par versus these 3. But in the name of science this is interesting.

I am a noob in motor, surely looks different, made different and likely perform different. Honestly the carvon seems to have more mature design compared to the others. But I am convinced that the rest would do just fine.

I dont know, but what matters to me now is like onloop said. Road is the real test! Is not only about powr and efficiency, but endurance is more something I like to see. Keep it positive guys.

1 Like

How bout a race with hard turn and rough roads for 100 miles and a thermometer. At worst for me the retaining fluid, even though it’s high heat stuff, cooks eventually after many miles of use but I always have the ability to do the motors with press fittings and even steel if that ends up the case. Anyone who ends up with loose fittings eventually I’ve got u covered and will sell u a motor in pressed steel FOR COST if u want or I’ll open them up and get more fluid in. and carvon…I imagine they rattle but at least it’s steel on steel. Jacob is selling slide fitting aluminum connections everywhere that have no pressing(shouldn’t press aluminum) and he requires many interfaces like this. No way that will last and will also sound like a bag of cans being dragged on its way to the dump. He says its for him to worry about and not for the customers to concern themselves with. Dig through the brown smelly haze he spews

Even if he were to make all connections with high heat retaining fluid you’ll need to press the motor apart to change the rubber. I don’t know if those dinky screws and aluminum plates, all slid together, could take repeated or even one pressing

Look at the designs people. Get to know what we’re talking about. Yea his will look cool but how bout after 1000miles of sliding!:flushed:

How about you tell us your winding turns and you say it’s single strand!

Well these are the 2 winding photos I have found

Know maybe I am an idiot and it hard to know from a photo but it doesn’t look like you are using a Wye winding (if you are my mistake I just can’t see) but in a delta winding to get 80kv in your size stator you would be using a 20-25 turn winding, this means there is no way you are using a thick copper and in the pick you can see that so let’s say you are using a 1.0mm copper strand which as about right for the picture, for a winding you need to take 3 things into account (turns,resistance and the copper cross section) The copper cross section is what sets your amp limit. So the copper cross section, say you used 1.0mm copper in a single strand your cross section will be 17.28 Your resistance 163.7mOhms

My motor is 24 slot so apples to oranges: Cross section less at 10.97 But my resistance is less at 130.8

And while we are at it here is my 0.2mm laminated 24slot stator

Would you like a towel to wipe the mud off of your face?

1 Like

The point is don’t say your motor are the most efficient around because I have never said that!

Maybe your should have said my hub motors are the most efficient at this price or most efficient hub motors but you didn’t!

And if you where going to use a single strand winding you need a custom winding to actually get this to work, this is what a single strand winding should look like. A photo of mellow’s winding

3 Likes

I don’t know who tag is or why I’d have mud on my face.

Those are old pics keep looking and you’ll find the fatter wire. The 80kv have 33 turn and the 90kv have 30 turns. Single strand. Plug that in your machine and see what you get.

“for a winding you need to take 3 things into account (turns,resistance and the copper cross section) The copper cross section is what sets your amp limit.”

Don’t spread your bull here as if you know what you’re talking about! The copper cross- section isnt the only thing that decides how many amps you can do it also depends on the wire length, and all copper wire in a certain cross-section will have practically the same resistance. Unless you’re winding a motor cross section isn’t necessary to know if you know the resistance.

Fool you come here trying to show off. Talk about how you have the electrical side of things covered. Don’t hear a peep out of you about mechanical Issues and you say it’s for you to know. We will see how your aluminum plated little screw motor does in 1000 miles. Ask any machine shop about your aluminum shaft with a slide fitting and tell me your knowledge then

Good for you you might have a .2. It’ll make it worth replacing your shaft over and over.

1 Like

What the hell is a custom winding !? U like that word. It works and you can call it custom if you like.

My motor is still more efficient than yours even if you have a .2mm lamination and a single strand…you’ve got flux leakage out of your little flux ring. Look at mine. The grooves are behind the magnets where surprisingly there is no flux. Other than that it’s 2mm thick 1020 steel. Let’s see you put some iron on your rotor and see if it sticks or falls off

But all this isn’t important. I will have turbines that will sit on the 5x6mm holes for air as well and that’s not important. What’s important is my motors consist of two parts and a ring and bearings. I have a steel bell where u have I don’t know how many little screws and aluminum plates and small bearings and all slide fitted

2 Likes

In never said my motor where better mate! My comment said don’t tell ppl your motors are the most efficient based on a stator it’s not the only factor!

Tell me your strand thinkness and I will do the calculations mate!

It’s cool I don’t need it. Don’t come over here talking shit saying I’m an idiot and don’t know about electric motors. I’ve bought one of yours!!

I think this thread is in an uncontrollable downward slide. Pun intended.

1 Like

And stop calling me mate

Sorry mate!

Couldn’t find that photo! No way you could fit 30 turn in your current stator! Would need to see this!

Look above. You said it couldn’t be done and it is. This is a 90kv with 30 turns Are you going to tell me it’s not real?

You said with thicker copper it looks basically the same what thickness is it.

Also a messy winding reduces efficiently, Single stand winds at this small copper thickness increases risk of copper breakage and rendering it almost useless because it’s only 1 strand unless it’s not?

.that pic you posted has maybe 12 turns of fat wire. That is maybe 200kv but probably a lot more

The kv depends on more than the turns it also depends on the flux ring and airgap but nonetheless that is gong to be a very high kv motor you posted. Not ideal for a hub motor unless it’s running on low voltage which isn’t ideal but maybe smooth boards are limited legally to a low voltage since they’re selling compete board

Here’s a pic of a 90kv beside a 200kv 30 turns and 22 both single strand

Please stop telling me things you don’t know about.

A messy winding reduces inductance but still increases efficiency as it has more copper! Please stop

How do you get the belief that a single fat wire is more prone to breaking?!

Mellow could be using a wye winding!

And yes they do depend on flux ring, air gap, magnets, stator size, number of stator slots. All things I posted about over a year and a half ago when ppl received my working motors with these upgrades you or I might say Marc hadn’t finished designing your motors!

ZTrue it could be wye. Good for you you have something to say that’s valid. Although wye windings aren’t ideal for shorter stators such as that.

What a jackass you’re making it out like someone does my work for me.

Had you actually made something that worked a year and a half ago I wouldn’t be so annoyed with hearing you. Just upgraded plates and that was it? To remind you, you assured me and everyone then the motors work and the rubber was round. None of the above. You either knew you sent everyone stuff that would implode or you didn’t bother to look at anything before shipping it. The rubber…there’s no way to see it other than just dishonest. And that was supposedly version 5 or something! Your full of it and that’s just one story to tell. But you get away with it and you’re still here. And that’s why I’m here. I’m like a fresh breeze on a sea littered with sewage.

Hey @Hummie do my motors have the blue goo stuff on them? I will call you once they arrive to discuss the loctite and epoxy. My ones are the ones that you shipped to Australia.

Wondering for a way to get rid of the thermal epoxy or is that not possible? noob question ps love the debate here and kinda feel on @Hummie side due to his transparency and track record