The nicest hub motors! For sale cheaper than anywhere!

I’ll wait man…project projects projectss…I know I’ll pay more later on but way too much stuff on my bench … Also, I need to see the kinks worked out… I wish I didn’t have other stuff going on so I can invest time in really looking at the motors …best I can do is follow the threads that you put out as well as @jacobbloy … But still watching and reading mate … I’ll hit you up for sure one day

torque is by far better, top speed is much less. But I can’t notice much of a difference in top speed, as the highest I’ve gotten my carvons is 35 mph, and the highest I usually would cruise at any distance at is around 30 mph, and these max out around 27 on a 12s, so you won’t notice much of a difference in top speed. Mostly, you’ll notice these motors pick up really well.

With this version, the only problem you’ll notice could possibly be heat. And that is only after long distances up hills. For medium to short rides, or flat ground ridding, there’s nothing better out there IMO. Even if you get too much heat, you can stop for a few minutes, the heat will go down and you can keep riding. I did a test run with hummie using these riding for around 40 minutes on flat and some hills, and never had an issue with heat. Only time heat was a problem was when I rode uphill for almost 3 miles straight.

Overall, they are solid, and with the option to buy the steel ones (which should eliminate all possible problems with these) for only 225 later, they are a great deal. I’m glad to have a pair of carvons, but I think these will become my main motors when I build a better deck this summer.

Maybe some larger urethane options could bump the top speed up a bit to satisfy the adrenaline junkies out there. Sounds like they have the torque to handle it. Thanks for your detailed reviews.

How did u wire ur batteries?

@andcar2o9 4 x 3s 5000mah Lipos in Serial I’m pretty sure

Or could get them to do some of the motors with 27 turns and 100kv. I don’t know what the top speed was and never get around to recording but the 100 were fast. I liked them a lot. I shorted them and told neighbor evohyak he can have them and make a four wheeler if he rewinds them.

This is them. With omega100 on a pealed off lam. It’s not good enough and I’d dip it in something. Just a couple teeth wrapped in wire. Maybe hose the windings down with something since you’re not trained to wind.

I do have 4 200kv motors! If someone is thinking about breaking the speed record. Anyone? It’s just 60 Yes those batteries. My potted cells sit here not done and pretty much done but I haven’t gotten around to using it

3 Likes

This look s dope but why do u all keep using 18650s i would think 26650s would be better as fewer cells means less a chance of shorting out. Also prolonged life from charging as this means they have less of a chance of dropping out.

@hummie, do you still need those lipos? I could take them off your hands if you want (and add them to my tab :D)

I’d think smaller cells would be nicer as long as you don’t have to think about disconnections. My rubber battery I’ll be thinking about it! Maybe smaller cells weigh a bit more for their energy but probably not much. Sure evohyak when I finally get around to doing something with my other vescs other than duct tape or Velcro. I have tubes of this stuff which looks good but I want clear for the lights I’m regretting potting the batteries and wish I’d spent my time building the board. I still haven’t seen a good board that’s also a battery case. Simply a board with cut outs for 18650, and copper tabs or Springs or heat if need be. I’d like to see the board and batteries under me standing on them. An 18mm thick board. And then pot those cells in the minimum resin possible.

Hi guys, i´ve just arrived to e-skateboard world (I´ve experience in ebikes), and after reading a bunch of posts, i think I´m gonna try those motors @Hummie… I´ve got my old skateboard (loaded tan tien) in the garage, so I´ll try to upgrade it with those motors (probably for my first build will be better if i try with just one motor, no? I will use a 8000 mah 6s battery which i use in my ebikes, so what do you think guys, is it a crazy idea? or it´s better start with pulleys, belts and so on?

Any advice is welcome!

1 Like

Welcome nio,

I would recomend 2xhummie motors (-still cheaper than even any other single setup on the market now) and running it at 8-12s ( more V is better)

thanks @monkey32… Almost all posts that i read about hummies motors are positives… so i think is worth it try them :slight_smile: Actually I´ve a couple of 8000 mah 6s, but i think 12s 8amp for my first build is gonna be insane hahaha

@Hummie definitely i will go for a couple of motors, let me know how i can do it…

1 Like

The thread is long but if u get some of the aluminum I’ll give you them for 200$ plus shipping wherever. …and u can get the pressed steel and magnets that do 300f for 225 later of u want

Just PayPal me humminashadeeba@gmail and it won’t be long…just waiting for the good rubber to come

Hi there, a couple of doubts… will i have any issue with my trucks paris v2 180mm or i need to change them? and my wheels right now are 70mm ( i think) so should i change all of them?

I will go for the aluminum ones and i live in Ireland, so what would be the shipping cost?

The motors will lengthen the axle by 15mm so if u get one 165 and one 180 Arsenal cast trucks it’s easiest. The Arsenal don’t need any further threading and are easy.
The rubber matches the kegel wheel shape, I’d get them I use the Paris v2. One 180 and one 195 and I like how wide they are. But they do need to be slightly further threaded. If u want to give me the cost of a truck and the cost of two wheels and 20$ I can get them further threaded and mounted. Or you can do it yourself. Shipping is expensive at 50$ but I have a family member coming from Ireland and I bet I could get him to bring the package back. Complicate things but could save you bucks. You’ll need to wait maybe a week anyway while I wait for the rubber and pour it

Good stuff!! if your family member bring the package back will be great! then i will pay the cost from his/her home to my home, unless he/she lives in Wexford :slight_smile: or close … Ok so, I will pay you for one truck + two wheels + 20$ + 200$ + shipping cost to ship inside Ireland if he/she doesn´t live close to Wexford( if you tell me the city and size, weight of the package, i could see the quote on internet and include everything), what do you think?

And don´t worry I can wait for one or two weeks)…

Give me the final quote, and I will send the money through paypal, is it fine?? i

Thanks for your support…

Let’s talk through pm. Anyone interested please do that and we won’t clog up the site with our stuff

I feel like I’m going to go with carvons, but I have a few questions.

I’m building a tiny board, 30 in, and range is a big factor. With a carvon single I can get 15-20 miles range and 25-30 mph with the amount of battery that I can fit on the board. If I were to go with your hubs, wouldn’t I really need to go with duals to get what I want, and wouldn’t that lower my range. Plus, another vesc isn’t what my budget needs.

What are the advantages?

Looks cool Cheap really Option of getting the steel later!!

You’d need two motors and that could lower your range a bit…but then if you’re using a single 140kv or whatever they are now…it takes a lot of amps to get torque and who knows.

A little board doing those speeds…scary.

nah if ur gonna get carvons u might as well get a geared 149kv motor