Hey guys, I’ve been reading and commenting this forum a lot lately, but nobody has seen any build from me. That’s because i still don’t have one. The reason for that is simply group buys. I’m broke as hell, 16 years old without any experience with diy electronics, so i wanted to spend the least possible.
On october 2016 I opened a thread asking for help about parts to buy. I ended up buying everything except VESC and motor mount from Ajaynagra’s group buy. As you all know, that didn’t go too well, and I had to wait from october to the 20th of April to finally get what I had ordered. That’s why I consider this build kind of an Odyssey Here’s the list
- 190kv 6374 sensored motor
- 90mm 75A black flywheels clones
- 15t-36t old pulley kit, tb style with bolts
- Benchwheel remote
- Black caliber clones trucks
- Alluminum and carbon fiber motor mount from @fedestanco’s group buy some months ago. Very similar to Enertion’s
- Vesc from @B4Me, this also was an endless group buy, but way more relaxed since nobody paid anything yet (6 months from the start, but no problems). It should be improved following chaka’s instructions, and I asked him to add an xt90 connector and 4mm bullets for the motor, so that I didn’t have to solder stuff (he’s way better than me for sure)
And here’s a photo to keep you happy, low quality but I’ll get some better ones soon
And here come the problems
- 10s3p Samsung 25R in compact layout (2 lines of 8 batteries on the bottom and 7 on top like this)
This is not my photo, just an example. Haven’t removed the heatshrink yet.
- 10s 77A BMS
I expected the battery to come already connected to the BMS with a switch, voltmeter, xt90 connector but seems like my request to put the BMS on the side to keep the battery as compact and stealth as possible got misunderstood. So now I find myself having to connect a BMS without any info or knowledge, I don’t even own a soldering iron. Does anybody have schematics about that BMS wiring? And can you recommend me a good soldering iron, and suppliers for wires and connectors in Europe?
If that wasn’t enough, Ajay didn’t send me the belts I had paid for, so I’m missing 12mm HDT5 belts as well. If anybody has extras, please tell me before i spend 10 euros for a single one in a local store.
Another thing is: I need some good bearings, can you suggest me some good cheap ones (under 30e) I can find in Europe, possibly on Amazon IT/DE?
One more thing is: the deck is flexy I knew that from the start, that’s why i wanted to make a split enclosures build, like boosted. This wouldn’t be a problem, if the BMS wasn’t so huge. I will post pictures tomorrow with the stuff laying on the deck.
Here’s the board
Any suggestion or recommendation is welcome, thanks