The "Old Dirty Dump Pile", aka Spare Parts Build

Wow, I get it though the more you build the bigger the spares department gets. Is that a print for the battery meter? Great job and very humbling to us mere mortals.

1 Like

So true! That’s why I’m working on my next build. You are extremely on par about the ease of the build the second, third, etc time around.

Hopefully I can post up my next build soon and get some of the top dogs nod of approval!

1 Like

I don’t know how you put these together so quickly Mike, have you considered working in Santa’s workshop?

OH WAIT!

:santa:

3 Likes

Yeah, Santa kicked me out, my beard was better than his :slight_smile:.

5 Likes

This is a pic of my enclosure after 1 day of riding. I have 5/8in clearance using the 90mm Popoca’s. I think it looks cool, so I’m gonna leave it :metal:.

IMG_20180820_093446_1534778830550

7 Likes

Those scratches look awesome with the Skull! Like it was on purpose. :+1:

1 Like

it definitely wasn’t on purpose, but I agree :slight_smile:

1 Like

Very nice build!

maybe I’ll do a lazarus build show you what dirty old junk parts look like lol :slight_smile:

I must say one if things I enjoy most about my evo build on the wide trucks - stability is amazing, made me think about @Kug3lis 240s differently :slight_smile:

1 Like

yeah, the surf rodz tkp’s with 90mm axles are ultra stable. i’m really digging how low to the ground and wide the stance is on this thing :slight_smile:

1 Like

How the hell are you using Ripbas on Surfrods? It works?

1 Like

It may not be Ripba, its the clamp type motor mount for TKP’s that I got from you a couple of years ago. Te original Surf Rodz TKP’s that I got and used with the airless 6in wheels?

2 Likes

Ok…Yeah those are Quick66 TKP Hex Clamp.

If anyone was going to make Ripbas work on TKP’s it would be you though!!! -All sneaky sly and shit.

3 Likes

Are ripbas the the cubs, like the ones I used on the Paris V2 195’s?

Gotta keep folks on their toes :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hey man, awesome build.

I gots a question, in your spreadsheet what is “max usable kv” ?

Also. how is your hill climbing ability on this, I am interested in knowing how much of a voltage drop/ how many amps you pull when going up.

Yea its not relevant to my 225mm wheels, but still. My board sucks at hills. on 4P vtc6 even with 1:5.3 reduction, albeit a single motor.

That’s the highest KV value you can use before going over the ERPM limit. Hill climbing is okay, it’s not spectacular but that’s mostly because of the wheels that I used. Strictly speaking the Popocas are traditional street wheels, there are tons of fun to ride and as it’s really low to the ground it feels like a longboard, but it’s not really made for demanding terrain.

2 Likes