The Ollin VESC is back!

The Ollin VESC is back!

The Ollin VESC with DirectFET technology is once again available to DIY builders. Our motor controllers are covered by a 90 day manufacturer warranty, any faults or defects will be repaired or replaced free of charge within the 90 day warranty period. After 90 days, no worries, send your VESC in and we will repair it for a small fee to cover the cost of components and shipping.

Based on version 4.12 VESC firmware. Compatible with Benjamin Vedder’s and ackmaniac’s VESC tool.

Features the latest DirectFET technology for better thermal management, increased output and full FOC capability. Comes with CNC machined heat sink enclosure.

Phase wires/motor cables come with 5.5mm bullet connectors. Battery cables come with XT90 connectors. If you need something else, let us know and we will be happy to fit your VESC with the standard connectors of your choice.

Order now while they are on sale and save over $50 off the regular price! Free shipping with the USA! VESC 4.12 WITH DIRECT FET TECHNOLOGY

42 Likes

Oh you… You’re back! I love you. And your products. :wink:

4 Likes

Is the price listed already after the $50 discount?

Welcome back Ollin :beers:

Are you going to be managing contact with the community here from now on Melissa?

1 Like

I spent hours reading and researching and came to the conclusion that your product was the one I wanted and just as I was about to pull the trigger you up and disappeared on me. Don’t know if I can forgive that blatant disregard for my repetitive eye strain to be honest. :wink: Welcome back and now it seems I have to change plans again or just build another one.
Good to see a great product back in the community!

2 Likes

In the description it says $50 off the original $220 price

I’m waiting to see the specs of the DIY hollow core deck you guys are planning on releasing soon :smile:. Glad to see another ESC option is back for us DIY builders.

5 Likes

Seconded!!

2 Likes

Is it the standard bom or the updated bits he was doing? I don’t read about any updated bits

It is the updated VESC 4.12 that is made with Direct FETs and a bad ass heat sink for better thermal management. And it is made in the USA, which I think is pretty awesome. Fully FOC compatible.

5 Likes

Damn I hope he does a group buy. It’s still a bit beyond my cheap limits

1 Like

I feel like he won’t just because he’s doing them by hand as opposed to full on manufacturing

2 Likes

Yeah they may be a bit pricey, but the quality and QC is unmatched.

3 Likes

Well, they are hiring another full time guy very soon to help with production.

3 Likes

ahh It makes me so happy to see High quality epic performance stuff on the market.

Glad your back Ollin!

3 Likes

Still using the Mini USB? Curious why the switch to micro USB hasn’t been made.

(Hype for the first VESC with USB C?)

Hey Cobber,

Yes, I am going to do my best to be as active on the forum as possible. I will be keeping everyone up to date with the latest from Ollin.

4 Likes

Thanks Scrapheap,

We are really happy to offer the VESC again to DIY builders and extremely excited to offer our new hollow core deck. I cannot give too many detail yet but what I can tell you is the deck easily holds 60 cells and is lighter than the original FreeRide deck. We have been working hard on this and can’t wait to give the full details. Until then, here is a nice side profile shot of the new deck we posted on our Instagram.

22 Likes

Looks awesome Melissa @OllinBoardCompany, I see you also have a new footstop since I last looked at your page :smiley:

and your Ollin t-shirts look pretty sweet :sunglasses:

https://www.ollinboardcompany.com/product/ollin-100-cotton-t-shirt

4 Likes

Do you have an expected release date for the hollow core deck? Interested to know more about it!

2 Likes