The Phoenix: Trampa HS11 Urban board

Also curious about that.

Amazing build bro! Rising from the ashes.

1 Like

Thanks @barajabali please give me the size of 8 20700 Sanyos stacked un parallel and I’ll confirm the fitment, it they don’t I could make a special enclosure for them :grin:

Risky! I wouldn’t do that. Ask @stewii for enclosure :wink:

Should be less than 165mm wide and 71 long.

I would love to get my hands on this enclosure for my 4wd direct drive board. I would need 2 focbox enclosures though instead of 1. So fitting the battery might be a bit hard. It has to be a 12s battery but It’ll prob feed from my battery backpack so it doesnt need to be huge.

We will be in touch as to not hijack this amazing build thread

As the Number 20700 tells us they are: 20mm wide 70mm long

Of course but its good to have a little room to breathe so nickel strip and tolerances in general

That’s great, the sdp-si.com ones where pretty good as well, next time it’d be way easier with your tip. :sunglasses:

1 Like

It’s fiberglass, the outside is smooth the inside is rugged

Working on it brother, that’s awesome!

2 Likes

I got the 170kv motors, 13T motor, 62T wheel pullies, on 12S I should be getting 60km/hr, 54km/hr weighted, the board pulls pretty good from a dead start, maybe even harder than my Darth Maul on Abecs 11 107mm

1 Like

How you tried fitting on 107mm abecs? Wondering if the clearance between the deck and ground will be enought…

1 Like

All in all I’m pretty impresssed with this board, the torque is amazing, final speed it more than enough, the VESC6 have not failed once and I feel pretty safe so far.

There is some rattling on the board even though I adjusted everything, for some reason it seems the bearings have too much play against the wheel hubs, I used teflon tape on the bearings and it’s better now but there is still notieable rattling, I’ll open the ebclosure today to add more padding on the battery and electronics.

I’m getting a lot of battery sag, so some cells might have some lower capacity than others, may need to replace some of those.

Doing it today, great advice.

1 Like

I’m waiting on my set of ABECs 107mm, they should be here in 10 days or so, that’s the main idea fitting street wheels, I’m pretty sure the clearance would be ok.

Well I just arrived to my destination from the first hard test ride, 10 miles away from work, this board is the best one I ever had hands down, I didn’t have to stop or slow down anywhere, just went through all potholes and service roads I found on my way, no more choosing my route to get good paths, the sidewalk lines are non existent, everything was smooth as butter, I’m impressed.

The board turns/steers as much as my 218mm @torqueboards calibers with riptide bushings thanks to the modification on the front trucks to allow the inner spring position, the rears are on the outside position to avoid woobles and works perfect, it’s much more stable than the urban/street carver I had before, the deck, at 16ply is still flexible but it doesn’t go all the wat down, so it’s great to absorb impacts and it’s easy on your knees, as soon as you are on speed the turning is much more touchy but stable.

The acceleration is impressive, these 6474s seem to be more powerful at only 80A motor max and 40A battery max, maybe the ESCapes are more efficient, max speed was 53-57km/hr, enough for this board, I pushed it pretty hard on asphalt, grass and bad rodes.

However, not everything went smooth, almost 1km away from my destination I started to get cutouts, went to check faults and got this:

I kept on riding but the cutouts got worse:

I thought these ESCapes where going to be the solution, I still hope there are some small issues that could be easily fixed but I guess I’m going to have to replace the DRV, I wonder if it’s still the sam,e DRV8302 found on the 4.12v hardware.

3 Likes

Claro que si Alan. I saw you still got two free deck hangers left on your office wall. The fleet is growing!! I didn’t noticed inmediately…

…because I was interested on what improvements you did to the Porche 911 Turbo!

:point_down:

2 Likes

It’s the drv8301, I would definitely reach out to @stewii to narrow down the exact cause of the fault and see how it can be mitigated

1 Like

Commuting on this board must be marvelous, does the HS11 deck has less curvature? Comparing with your old board it looks so, but may be the angle of the photo

And this data is for one or both VESC? Especially the consumption

Edit: Looked again on TRAMPA website, actually the HS11 has more curvature, 35mm vs 25

1 Like

Were you running without a heatsink / alu housing? You could have a burned FET (use a heatsink ) If you send it over I can fix it.

1 Like

The HS11 has less curvature, but also has a slightly longer wheelbase than the carver. It’s a noticeably different ride.

1 Like