Finally! It’s ALIVEEEEEE!!! it all begins back in (I think) February 2018: I’ve been going around with a 6s 245Kv single drive for a year and a half and I wanted more… More in less space, so the obvious choice was a jet spud 29. I was able to find it locally (well, almost locally, but still in Italy). It’s graphics were ugly as shit, with that “Japanese flag”, but I figured I could sand it down real good
I bought a complete, with motor, vesc, mount, battery, bms, trucks and wheels and a remote. the board was functional, but cable management was a total mess, wires were too small and not silicon, batteries were in series with a really bad soldered adapter, so I discarded everything but the trucks, wheels, esc and batteries. After that I connected the BMS to the battery, antispark switch, vesc, and motor to it and (after a lot of fiddling with esc programming, resoldering of phase wires…) voilà! it works!
Time to manage the cables: I dremeled a square for the phase wires to sit in on the top of the board (boosted style). I was able to do quite a good job I think.
Then I decided sand down the graphics and go bare wood. Used some dark woodstain and now it looks like this! In the pictures you can see a 3d Printed riser with integrated bullet connectors (printed in sls by my business). I also printed a pulley cover with my personal ultimaker 2.
I bought the magnificent @Eboosted double stack battery enclosure and here we are!
still not tried to ride, but tomorrow I’ll ride it to work and back