The Racers Room

That track is made for these! Still wish I could go.:cry:

What’s keeping the rubber attached to the rim?

Stripper glitter and beer

2 Likes

Bonding agent holds it together, . wheel has 1/4" hard density foam with a rubber sleeve overlay. Weight is 9oz and have been tested to 57mph.

4 Likes

Hey @PatRocks. I will be in Colorado Springs on the weekend of April 7 racing. Also gonna make a run at Pikes Peak. Would be a good place to make a run with your quad build. Im your huckleberry.:checkered_flag:

3 Likes

@PatRocks Mr “nobody” who can’t go fast is calling you out dude!

time to put up or shut up! :facepunch:

2 Likes

7 Likes

Updated👍

6 Likes

4.5mile uphill on a 40mph setup at a down hill event happening this weekend. 1131watt hr stack and pack.

9 Likes

okay, so how do you guys build for speed… i want to go fast and am not satisfied with my speeds now

EDIT: how do you guys build to go fast safely

It’s never safe to go fast. For a start it’s not if you fail it’s about being prepared for when it does fail. Mitigating hazards: Heat is the enemy. Any time your pushing the limits of electronics your exponentially speeding up the clock for component failure. In electronic equipment there is no Bullet Proof. Midigate equipment hazards by overbuilding your delivery system. I like to use the 65% zone as a safety factor. Just pulled data from my 2mile uphill pass at Tepe’s & Tacos DH event on a 40mph setup. 128deg f on the ESC was as hot as it got. Also motors need the same Safety Factor, heat IS the killer. The more watts your motor is capable of handling the cooler it will run. Every board running 40mph should have 8kwatts available. Do you need it to go 40, No, but the failure factor goes way down. Mechanical setup: sketchy and fast isn’t a good combo. Plenty of bad equipment out there that has no business going over 25mph. “Guys! Heads up. Your high horsepower Speed Trampa builds don’t work!” SPEND THE MONEY… buy precision trucks with proper angles and put them on boards that don’t tortionally twist. Speed wobbles come from the rear… I am building new board for breaking the world record and have deceided to test a front drive setup. The rear setup is the key to making stability at speed. By taking the drive off the rear it takes that dynamic out of the equation on the rear axel. Will be testing this theory soon enough…

4 Likes

Thats a good idea, and i kinda figured thats where the wobble came from… I tightened my rear trucks and use the front for steering now (granted i can’t take hard corners w/o forcing a power slide) and im running a board that the calculator says has a loaded speed of 30 mph but i havent gotten close to tht at all im using a single drive (dented my can on my other motor) TB setup, 218mm trucks and all… I have my own setup that I’m trying to get machined but I can’t afford it at all it’s a full suspension board w/ 8" pneumatic tires 4x4 hub motors… It’s only in paper rn but as soon as I find a machinist that’s willing to make them affordably so I can test them I want to start selling them

I’m with you on the front wheel drive brother! Skateboards are more stable with your weight over the front wheels. Breaking then becomes the issue where you need to shift your weight back?

I have been running my front trucks wider than my rear of late and I like it (gravity). The rear is still stable from the low angle but then turns in better when I want it to. 10mm seems to be enough to give the board the right feeling.

Can’t wait to see what you come up with next :star_struck: :checkered_flag:

1 Like

1151wh stack & pack. From yesterdays data at Tepe’s& Tacos Down hill event I should be able to make 4 runs on a single charge at this 3.5mile course uphill with a 40mph setup. Going to try the down hill portion as well and see how it goes…

2 Likes

how are the taco’s bro?

Taco’s are bitchin… this is my first DH/ freeride event. The promotors and skaters are warming to the idea of an esk8 on the hill. The raceboard has exceeded my expectations with a 6min run on video uphill on a 3.5mile course I’ve never seen. Promotor said 6min is a mid pack DH time… Got Video of the DH on the raceboard. Brakes worked flawless and coupled with the grip, was able to over take and pass skaters on the way down…time again was about 6min… used just over 1v of battery going up and down the hill in my 38000mah 8s pack on a 40mph setup. Stoked to be here doing this… Making another run at the hill this morning.

7 Likes

Yeah, shreding MoeBro!

Passing on the DH wtf?

whats your esc set up, max? I think you are trimming it conservative… I have screen shots and logs of castles xl x doing over well over 200A, near 300A?

Ripple is low I think you can push harder bro. What max have you set on the castle?

Amp max set low at 160a per esc. Punch control at 70%. The motors and esc’s are not having to work very hard. That is what you want to see. Power wise it is lacking no where. I feel I could gear this thing at 50mph for the hill and still not build heat on either the esc or motor…

2 Likes

i Would have started at 220 :hushed:

way to go MoeBro

It is a long hill, your numbers seem low but! I just wanted to see big numbers like the high speed pass guys near 300A :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

Had the opportunity and pleasure of being allowed some time on the hill at Tepe & Tacos family freeride event in Santa Maria CA. A special thanks to promoter Kevin Reimer for giving us the green flag on this. If there is any doubts an Esk8 can’t do this I hope this changes some minds. The DH crowd there was cool as hell and the talent pool was deep. A fantastic ride Enjoy :checkered_flag: :checkered_flag: https://youtu.be/R0Y0-aL2cmU

7 Likes