The Racers Room

I tested the Raptor2 over the weekend as well. Rides great, no major complaints. Still gets hot though under heavy riding. Also, its faster than pretty much all production boards but it’s really no race for a high powered custom build machine. My 4wd would demolish it even with me on it.

7 Likes

Jockeys are realistic and in order. I want a good race. You an me, this is the beginning. Let’s show these boys how it’s done. Make it your race. You pick the distance, otherwise rules laid out as per earlier. How’s this Sunday the 13th looking.

1 Like

Thanks for the perspective! Do you have any build threads for your 4wd’s? So far, 4wd hummies motors with sensors had more torque then most could ever handle, and the carvon v2’s were fun for speed (obviously not torque machines though).

I was curious about it getting hot. There “passive cooling” is interesting, but hummies hubs have done essentially the same thing from the beginning.

Cooling is really the biggest issue with hubs. I think 4wd for hubs for really aggressive or heavier riders will always be needed.

Theres no magic to the r-spec ghost. They will have more iron losses due to using a 24 tooth stator (at the gain of some low speed torque), which should result in more heat. So I would expect them to run hotter than a 12 tooth stator.

But what about heavy and aggressive riders hahaha.

No build threads sorry, maybe Ill do one for the 4WD Carvon.

1 Like

I really, really want to match your 4wd Carvon up against @longhairedboy 4wd belt system. Its gonna be some epic crazy shit.

3 Likes

What are the specs on that build?

Not sure yet on gearings, just sent it back to @longhairedboy to do some tweaking. But basically 12s, 4x 6355, 97mm Flywheels.

I think top speed wise the Carvon will have an edge.

That board would likely win if it had the gearing, battery and settings to max the motors out. Carvons have 50mm stators

1 Like

2200w per wheel 11.8 hp That’s a move in the right direction. Here’s an argument. Some say more electronics more to go wrong. My thought is your electrical delivery is only having to work at 42% capacity. That’s a safety factor I like to see in a system. No heat no smoke and no thoughts about power loss. Only down side is the weight. That’s gonna be the story when we start turning. Gonna be a cool ride Nate. It’s gonna take balls to ride it🤘

1 Like

Oh yeah @Nate If your in or near the Greater Los Angeles Area my door is open if you wanna run. I’m your huckleberry😉

1 Like

Lol @longhairedboy actually put it on a pretty tame setting. He’s in the process of tuning it into a “Wild Fukin Animal ™”.

I totally agree on the safety factor though, this board was actually able to run on front wheel drive the whole time the rear motors stopped working. I don’t think i can ever go back to dual 6355. AWD is totally on a diff league of its own.

Dude, i’m gonna take you up on that offer to run, you’re gonna regret it, :joy:

1 Like

It aint over until the fat lady sings :wink: We should try it out anyway if we ever have a chance. For science and all that crap :innocent:

2 Likes

Are you actually down to go 40mph? Cuz @MoeStooge and my board will hit that in 10 seconds or less.

2 Likes

Oh man, @Mikeomania12, it looks like we got ourselves a challenge for top dog.

This was a short ride…to the supermarket.

I just had an idea, we should do some type of partner race, you and @MoeStooge me and Mike, where we take turns riding and charging just like LeMan race, see who can hit the fastest speed and endure it for the longest amount of time :joy:

1 Like

If I’m gonna regret it you better take some cash from me to. I can’t wait till we start turning at the end of the straightaway.

1 Like

I think the looks are worth it tho, who wouldn’t want a piece of this?

2 Likes

You kidding? Thats an automatic chick magnet right there!

1 Like

That’s the ultimate sleeper though. You know what’s worse than riding that? Getting beat by that!

5 Likes

Lol this guy wants to race???
U ended up getting that bolt? Bro y u ride so fast to the supermarket r they running out of food!!! And u say u only push it when u with me. yeh right

2 Likes

I’ll hang my board up if I’m ever beaten by that thing. For Shame!