The Racers Room

All I got to say is wow. You got held up on the first lap and made it all back.

1 Like

It was a hell of a race. Would of loved another one! Next year!

One thing I want you to notice is how accelerating hard out of corners, you can hear cogging. That’s something that needs to be worked out as it neutralized my acceleration out of corners. Any idea what causes that? Derek had a similar issue on his big motor trampa, and I’m actually having the same issue with my ebike right now also, haha.

1 Like

probably ESC losses rotor position :slight_smile:

@Kug3lis Thanks for the info, but how does it lose rotor position while moving? And how can you fix that? I never had any issue like this with hummies hubs.

Yeah it’s not cogging, it’s wheel chatter from breaking traction on the less loaded wheel. Front wheel drive downside, but not a deal breaker.

1 Like

Trampa is putting some skin in the game. Screenshot_20181003-120619

2 Likes

I’d love to race but nothing on the East coast :frowning:

I feel like my 4wd 6374 would be very competitive even with my weight :slight_smile:

7 Likes

I feel like weight won’t matter with 12s6p and you will be the fastest of all. skills not accounted for.

3 Likes

I need to check out your build.

I dream of quad 6380 gear drives, or heck how about quad 80+mm motors, 13-14S, 80A battery max per motor, hyper cooling systems… Lipo obviously. Man.

2 Likes

just picked up a pair of '80s from Dexter @torqueboards for the 13S Evo @pshaw built, hope to smooth it out a little :slight_smile:

1 Like

Derek layed out the Second quick by .1 sec. qualifying time at SPD2 at I would say at 250lb+ on his quad Trampa running pnumatics. He literally took a new set of tires an ran em to cords by the end of the day eventualy popping one. He was big and fast. IMG_20180107_080246 Screenshot_20171111-224801

3 Likes

Get the brothers together and throw some cones down… it’s as easy as you wanna make it. IMG_20180112_140329

6 Likes

thats very similar to Auto-x i used to do alot of Auto-x racing back in the day maybe we can set up something similar @Rod12579

Derek was fast, i used to ask him for advice i always looked up to him and his set ups.

5 Likes

Derek went through a fresh set of tires in the first race with me alone, haha.

I wish I could get out to the UK for that race. Just need a rich sponsor :smiley: haha

1 Like

Great video and race. Looks really exciting. The track was nice and tight . On the straightaway it looked like u had a boost button. How fast max?

1 Like

Max speed I hit on the course was probably 25 mph on that straight away. But the board could do much much higher, I believe it was 50 mph.

1 Like

Shit man you chased him down…well done blistering entry lines.

I don’t know how you stayed on for the exits…lol

Great racing…:call_me_hand:

2 Likes

Barrett Junction Jan 19-21 is a go.

2 Likes

If I don’t get surgery (as I am scheduled for Jan 4th), I would be a go. I’ll have my increased range quad up and running any day again.

2 Likes

So Scott at MuirSkate is coming… make a good impression…he’s gonna be keeping an eye on you guys…

2 Likes