THE RAPTOR 2 KICKSTARTER GROUP BUY Here in the US of A 🇺🇸 and Canada too 🇨🇦 *COMPLETED*

I would absolutely love to as well, been dreaming about making this my first eskate and cant let dreams be dreams any more.

Unfortunately i live in the UK, not sure if that would be a problem. He said he can ship them separately and from different warehouses though so maybe it wouldn’t matter.

Paypal is the best option for payments from the partecipants to the organizer. Then he will transfer the money into his bank account and will purchase on kickstarter with his credit card. (at least this is what I think is the best way to handle this).

But what assurance do the participants have that the organiser wont just run away with their money? :confused:

The point of this discussion is to find one organizer who will not runaway with our money. :sweat_smile:

Plus paypal offers a good payment insurance.

1 Like

Problem with that is PayPal charges an extra fee for goods and services. 3%? That’s the only way you’d be covered. Unless it’s someone really trustworthy. Like… No idea

The other option is the group organizer ask for just 10% deposit from each group member, he pays for group buy upfront himself & gets all the boards delivered to him directly. Only then will he ask for the final payment from the other group members. Once money is received by the group organizer then ships the boards. This will only work if you are in the same country.

this reduces the risk.

1 Like

Hi jason, that’s a possibility but then everyone would be charged 2 times for shipping, and 2 times by paypal to transfer funds from participants to organiser and then from organiser to kickstarter.

I don’t know much about the kickstarter platform, but on indiegogo you have something called a ‘hidden perk’ which cant be bought unless you have the secret URL. Here’s an example that let you buy the Blink s2 for only $500 (you can type in “cache:” before the start of the URL to see the original message deleted by the author): https://www.reddit.com/r/ElectricSkateboarding/comments/5f0119/acton_santa_special_prices_s1_299_s2_499_4wd_999/

Would it at all be possible for 5 people to get together who agree to buy the board and contact you, and for you to send them a secret URL for individual $899 prices rather than group?

The net effect would be the same (still need 5 people to buy 5 decks in bulk), but would avoid the possibility of people getting scammed or having to pay double shipping and double paypal fees.

Either way appreciate the second chance at lower prices, thanks mate.

If I can cancel my order (paid $1,144), then I’m definitely in!

I would be down for a group buy if someone takes the lead.

There is just 1 paypal fee (ingoing money). Then the organizer can transfer the money to his bank account for free.

Dang it @Michaelinvegas I would trust you in a group buy. I would even drive to Vegas from Orange County CA to pick it up (and for whoever is close to me in SoCal )!

Does anyone know who bought the 2 group buys?

What are the requirements of being leader?

Just the trust of the group…and a credit card lol

PayPal offers buyer protection and doesn’t have a fee when my friends and I exchange money with each other.

Ill be in as well if anyone is interested.

Fee’s are not incurred if you are using a linked checking account through friends and family, but the recipient would still be responsible for the 3% fee if you sent funds that are eligible for Buyer Protection. <-- This is only valid for 90 days from the day the money is sent.

But if someone is trust worthy on this site I would not mind putting in the extra $27

Looks like a matter of trust between all the buyers…

It seems you guys have enough to go in an get one pack…at the very least

Need to figure out some equitable solution…

Like I said …I be changed my mind so those in should hash it out and not waste any time…

I will offer this as a solution…

I will act as escrow…if you want me to…but it will be up to you to determine the agreement… basically I will only hold the money and pay what you tell me to give to the person actually buying it…the balance will be held by me and paid once items are shipped…

It’s the only solution I can offer since I’m not going to buy and you guys seem to not trust each other and seem to trust me … I make no money doing this…the only thing I get out of doing this the satisfaction of getting the noobs on the road

Your thoughts??? GO!!!

2 Likes

I like the idea Mike, I think that could work out that you’d lead the buy and we would entrust our funds to you. I am willing to purchase the group buy Kickstarter if everyone is willing to use Mike as a trusted escrow holder.

@yummyblobs now you guys need to figure out who’s gonna make the credit charge hit…and what the amount will be held back …

This can all happen super fast and everyone will be happy