The secret of flexible enclosure?

IMG_20190409_232943_568

8 Likes

This is awesome! Wasnt able to find it again using search, but im really digging the clean look and the simplicity of it :slight_smile:

Yeah the second and third board have a homemade deck were I milled space for the battery and stuff so it looks very thin, I just like the ‘thin’ look.

IMG_20170712_005805 IMG_20180920_141332

But that’s because I was using lipo’s. If I should make a new build I would make again a ‘boosted look’ deck with 18650 milled into the deck and dual hub motors :slight_smile:

Now I made probably my last board and the enclosure is also made from materials I had laying around, it’s just a 2mm plastic sheet (also pretty flexible but better protection than the rubber) which I heated and formed the way I wanted. IMG_20190422_122048 IMG_20190427_125018

5 Likes

dayum, that side profile is super stealth! Thats some great work man :slight_smile:

1 Like

Flexible top mount MTBoard enclosure ^^ (just for inspiration)

7 Likes

@Eboosted What resin do you use, specifically? Unless it’s a trade secret. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’m in the process of making a flexible fibreglass enclosure for an Evolve GTX, you can see my process here

https://forum./t/fibreglass-mold-and-enclosure-making-how-to-and-how-not-to/4376

Hello guys, the vendor of the flexible resin I use is very jealous with his product and I really don’t ask about it, he has been selling his fiberglass products to me for all my car parts fabrications (rear diffusers, front lower bumpers, body replacement parts for my racing and street cars) for over 10 years. The final product needs to withstand rocks from the road, small crashes and flex on speed bumps, so it was the perfect product for esk8 enclosures.

For instance this is the kind of stuff we make in the shop:

10 Likes

https://www.amazon.com/TotalBoat-FlexEpox-Flexible-Epoxy-Adhesive/dp/B01I1PAHXA

I have used this and it’s pretty flexible. Doesn’t crack.

No wonder why you SO PRO! :+1::raised_hands:

5 Likes

West system 105 is pretty damn flexy.

outside

I think two is the way to go.

@bartroosen12 What thickness of rubber sheet did you use do you remember?

Thanks

It’s 2mm thick.

I also made a plastic enclosure on a very easy way:

2 Likes

Here is my flexible enclosure…holds my 12S8P with room for BMS and Foxbox Unity.

3 Likes

You thief and lier, give me back my money! 1 year to build a battery?

2 Likes