The time has come: I'm easing out of fully customized boards

yeah something i need to do is develop a genuinely flexible enclosure for decks like that. I can do flexible packs already.

1 Like

I’ve always fantasize about owning a LHB build, and I feel that such a move makes sense for both buyers and the seller: The buyers get the benefit of owning a LHB board at a hopefully-lower price, while the seller won’t kill himself building boards. Win-win.

However, what truly caught my attention is “16/32 on AHMYO Akasha for the mall grabber i’m doing much later which will have enough torque to hit some bowls but will be limited to the “last mile” range class”.

My daily commute is about 1-3km of riding between I get on a bus, so a small, light and powerful board with less range than usual will be perfect for me, especially if it’s from LHB. Will be following your progress closely and I wish you all the luck for this new direction that you’re taking!

2 Likes

yeah i was thinking 10S3P dual drive with 50mm cans on 10mm belts, typical calibers, unsensored FOC and all the trimmings on a 34" or less kicktail with a generic tub style concave and zero flex.

it needs a new box though. I may contract with one of these forum clowns and have a short run of boxes made.

I need a different box on my builds too, preferably flangeless.

5 Likes

What price range

@longhairedboy I’m curious, why flangeless?

I’m liking what I heard so far… Except how is 10S3P going to be a last mile board? Hhahahahahaha it sounds like it might more be a last 10 miles board.

34" should be perfect for most people, but I’m a short guy, depending on the truck placement, it might be difficult for me to mall grab. But still highly interested.

Yes I think at least 4p

Because they are more prone to damages. And a build looks a lot cleaner when it’s box looks like it supposed to be there.

1 Like

@Lionpuncher

cleaner aesthetic and slightly less damage prone, in my experience. You basically trade flange space for bolt space, however.

I can’t bring myself to put less than 30 cells in anything. Expected range should be comperable to the original enertion space cell, which was about 10 miles on most days and 15 miles on an easy one.

trying to keep it tidy. I already have an option for 20+ mile boards, i don’t want to enter the space just below mine, there’s too much competition. Evolve and Enertion can have the 10S4P space. I want to step down further and build a better option for the “boosted” class.

2 Likes

After running a 30q 12s4p and getting 25 miles Im going to find it difficult to go back to a 10s3p board :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I think LHB is basically trying to do what I am trying to do with my potato (spud)

• 33/34" tub concave deck
  • 5045/55
  • small wheels
  • small belts
  • small battery 10s3p 30q or 10s2p 30T/40T

“Last mile board”

Ie the I drive into the city but park a mile away due to congestion, ride the last mile on a board. Or office campus cruiser.

Based off of his specs and my specs it should end up beeing about 10-12lbs, short enough for even midgets like me to mall grab it to carry it into the office, and light enough that it’s not an arm breaker. Enough charge to last a day or more. I think @longhairedboy is onto something, there aren’t many “last mile boards” on the market, while it’s a niche, I think it’s a niche in the market that could use some filling. As it is really lacking.

I get where most people here, along with the mass of the market is coming from. Most people want one board, with power and range. But boosted just came out with the Mini…a last mile board, that is chubby. It’s heavier than it should be, by almost 3lbs. So I think the throne for a production “lightweight mall grabber” is still a toss up…no one has nailed it IMO.

Just my general thoughts.

PS: it says replied to @mmaner but I clicked the wrong reply button at the bottom :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Arcboards almost nailed that niche with the Aileron C121. Just doesn’t have quite enough… something. 9S is compelling though for lightweight applications.

I’m a pretty big arcboards fan actually.

What you’re describing is correct. I was thinking jet spud type deck with kegels or akashas.

1 Like

Chris said the other day he had some new BigZig HD’s coming (83mm) with a extra small core (more thane), pulley & pulley support bearing near release?

That could be the bomb :bomb: :boom:

I’m running 2 sets of Venom magnum mach 1’s atm, wide, soft, square lips, offset cores. My roads are rough as shit and I haven’t been able to rip/tear or chunk them yet, so they should be worth a look in if you want to be bothered dealing with the core… again like my cult raptures the core is smaller than a abec flywheel core :thinking:

Image result for venom mach1 magnum

3 Likes