Hey fellow builders! Today I completed my first build. It started in late september when I stumbled across the boosted board. Since I am a student and I don’t have a lot of money I started Iooking for cheaper boards. I also wanted something more portable than a boosted. Since nothing like that with a decent quality was available on the european market I started to research about building one myself. I discovered this forum and building seemed to be easy, so I ordered most of my parts the following days.
- 23 inch deck cut from a very abused skateboard
- Plywood enclosure
- 2 x 3s 5000 mah turnigy lipos in series
- Hobbyking 120 A x-car esc
- Turnigy sk3 245 kv motor
- Enertion single drive kit
- Enertion nano x
- 12° Bolzen angled risers (to extend the wheelbase)
- Prophet sport plus 6s lipo charger (Bought localy)
- Battery percentage display
- Connectors and stuff
My nano x which had connecting issues anyways broke (my fault) so I bought a mini remote from esk8.de.
Total cost around 650€ mostly due to import tax and shipping. I would do a lot of things differently now than I did, it was a very rushed decision.
Some pictures of the build progress:
All the parts:
First time soldering:
Modified motor shaft to fit a key:
Spray painting the deck:
Test fitting again:
The enclosure could have been bigger
The finished board: