The Wobble | Custom 23 inch Deck | SK3 245 kv | Enertion Mount | 6s 5000mah | 120 A Esc

Your probably getting wobbles because of the wedges you put that increased the angle of your trucks. Can you drill holes closer to edge for the wheelbase? Also you shouldn’t have to crank down the bushing down that much. Like @Namasaki said new bushings are in order

1 Like

Oh ya, I forgot about the wedges. @Titoxd10001 is absolutely correct, you need to loose the wedges. If anything, you need less angle for stability at speed.

1 Like

I know I am still waiting for the new bushings. I will also extend the weelbase by moving the front truck. Not sure about the wedges yet. @Titoxd10001

I got some independent yellow 96 super hard bushing today, just out them.jn the back. Rides a lot better. My dual drive used to get a little squishy around 20 mph, stable as a rock now.

1 Like

Solid sure is a good feeling when your going 20+ mph

Yeah it is :grinning:

You should give it a try without the wedges when you get the new bushings to see how you like it

I will! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Update: I tried to improve stability by extending the wheelbase as suggested, so I moved the front truck further out. I also got rid of the wedges and built some risers of two layers of plywood to solve clearance issues.

I am not sure if I am going to move the back truck further out as I would loose the micro kicktail which is quite useful to make quick turns.

The next thing I am planning to do is to add lights and respray the board and enclosure as I am not very happy with my first try.

1 Like

I use riptide double barrel bushings that where recommended by a downhill racing friend of mine. They really improved stability I run 85a on one board and 90a on my wider board

I will try to get these the next few days, I can’t ride the board at the moment anyway until my new batteries arrive.

Are those the ones you are using?

Those are the ones. They have a rounded end and a sharp end. The rounded end goes toward the truck hanger

1 Like

Finished the wiring today, so in theory there is no need to open the enclosure up ever again. I was missing a loop key so that I could break the circuit to the esc while charging the batterys and a female to female xt60 cable as a charging port to battery connection. The wires are taking up a lot of space so there isn’t any left for future improvements. :disappointed_relieved: (thinking of upgrading the battery to 6500 mah or more).

Enclosure from the inside:

From the outside:

3 Likes

You need to change your bushings. The nut is cranked way too far down. That means you need harder bushings and I’d suggest double barrels.

2 Likes

I know, I already ordered 90a barrel bushings, they should arrive sometime this week. :blush:

1 Like

I received my new bushings on Thursday this week with some griptape as well and I installed both right away. As they finally removed the gravel from the roads yesterday :blush: and the weather was perfect I went for a little ride. The 90a barrel bushings are perfect for my weight. The board is turnier than ever but there are no speed wobbles whatsoever even at 30+ kph (19+ mph) :heart_eyes:.

Next thing to do will be lights. :flashlight:

1 Like

I might have to rename this build now. :thinking:

I also have the 120A X-Car Beast Series ESC. Does it get too warm? I’d like to waterproof my board more if possible.

Not at all, mine sits very flush in the enclosure and it still manages to stay cool.