These B!+@#$ are on some next level snob sh!+

Holy shyt, you’ve been through a lot, that’s crazy man.

How tf ? Who do you work for, you best be suing the shit out of your employer. You could get a fortune from insurance

1 Like

Never work for family bro lmao. My uncle had me follow a forklift to his house (I was 15) which was carrying an Ibeam for his underground garage and the idiot lifted the beam all the way in the air then caught it on some wires and back it went rt into my truck shaved the door off next to me and the rt fork came inches from my face through the window. If it wasn’t for the ibeam digging a foot trench into the ground before it stopped I would be the headless Esk8er rt now lol. Years later When I was 24 my hip fused to my pelvic bone and the doc had to saw it off and drilled a whole through my femer shoved a rod through it and slapped a ball joint on the end of it lol

3 Likes

Now I work for myself. Down side is I can’t sue myself lol wish I could

1 Like

Dude that is fucking crazy, I worked for my uncle for a bit at his cafe, but quit because my commute to him round trip was about 1 1/2 hours

1 Like

Actually, you can sue anyone you want to.

It’s not guaranteed you will win your case, and it’s not guaranteed the judge won’t toss it out and charge you court fees. But you can do it if you want to.

1 Like

Thanks I’ma file a claim on myself tomorrow I want the last 30 years back

1 Like

They hate it cus they ain’t apart of it. I wouldn’t be surprised if they, deep down, really wanted an eskate. I don’t understand where such hate is coming from. Kinda fucked up to laugh at grown man fall when the situation could be serious… why don’t you check to see if they’re okay instead of laughing? Imagine if they died there but you sat there laughing at them because they fell, I bet you would probably feel guilt as all hell for sitting there and doing nothing. “Dying inside from embarrassment” for seeing someone ride around on an eskate, how? What the hell. Kinda find it funny because I think the quotes are made up just to make the article more interesting so they make more money off of it and gets more attention/get better reactions from the readers. Clearly they don’t have an idea of what eskating is. Considering most eskates are built on longboard decks, they couldn’t do skateboard tricks in the first place but I am sure a trampa could do grinds or some hub motor eskates on actual skateboard decks could to tricks. The shit is biased as all hell and they probably haven’t even tried one which basically just invalidates everything they say. Unfair to spread this bullshit around with no knowledge of anything. I am sure if they did their research they would understand all these things and but they would not have an article to make money off of if they were a decent human being about it and didn’t publish bullshit. I am sure there are other people they asked that probably said good things about eskates but they probably left those things out to push their opinions, choosing the only negative opinions. If they had actually interviewed someone in the community or tried riding one there would be even less of a basis for an article like this. “Mr. what is your opinion on cars?” – “Uh… yeah I think it seems convenient for getting around for lazy people”, “thumbs down emoji”, “they’re probably really convenient but not the coolest looking thing.” You could say the same thing for cars lol… don’t forget their supposed sources of the quotes are most likely sponsored by skate brands where they get some of their money from so if they are going to talk positively about eskates it takes away money from their sponsors and brings it to eskate instead. Author, you truly are an incredible human being watch a stranger eat shit then laugh at it (I think it would be fine to laugh at if you actually knew them and it was actually funny after the fact you made sure they were okay and not dying, not sitting there laughing at them being a useless (but even then it is still kinda fucked up)).

This “judgemental” woman who doesn’t even skate, “a fan” of skating who clearly doesn’t know the difference between a longboard and a skateboard - voicing the negative opinions of others just to make money. Why bring more hate into this already very hateful and fucked up world goddamnit. Absolutely. Pointless. Why try to bring down an actual good community - take a shot at something that actually has a negative impact. I am sure you could’ve written an article that actually has some impact on the world.

Big rant but I hate that I have to grow up with stuff like this

3 Likes

I can’t read her article over the speed at which I’m travelling on my eboard.

Maybe she enjoys getting stuck in traffic, dunno.

4 Likes

Sitting in traffic wasting gas, time and money. Hell yes!!!

3 Likes

almost all skaters hate on esk8. whenever someone says that “it’s gay” or that “I’m lazy” or that “i can’t even do a kickflip on that” i always ask them if they can do 40mhp without falling.

When they ask me why they’d even want to do that i ask them back if they think dowhilling is a legit sport, usually they say yes. i then promptly tell em i do the same but on flat ground, wherever i want and even uphill.

usually shuts them up

5 Likes

Isn’t Jezebel super leftist and environmentally conscious? You’d think they’d support alternative transportation…

2 Likes

Dont waste your time and energy on assholes.

2 Likes

This has been discussed before

https://www.electric-skateboard.builders/t/why-so-much-hate/54733/208?u=taz

7 Likes

5 Likes
1 Like

In all fairness the way some of the city dwellers ride in traffic is moronic. Maybe they can tell the reaper they had the right of way?

2 Likes

This always happens when a new sport invades an old sport. Skiers said it about snowboarders, road bikers about mountain bikers, both road and mountain about electric bikers… It’s typical human.

3 Likes

About sums up my skating. I can do some cool slides and foot tricks, just don’t ask me to get that board off the ground.

I have Ollied in the past. Just never consistently.

1 Like

Downhill skaters, for the most part, have embraced the builders. Mass produced pre-builts… not so much.

3 Likes

IMO all the hate is just sour grapes since they can’t afford one!

The year before I bought the parts for my first electric skateboard I kept telling myself that electric skateboards were stupid because they had such a small range but I can push over 15 miles easy. Now look at me lol. I literally started a company to get enough money to build my first board.

Shameless Plug: WisconsinGrownGinseng.com

2 Likes