Things that Non-Eskaters say

Oh yea and those stupid people that say “Is that an ENGINE”

2 Likes

Oh yeah, or “Is it motorized?”

me: “Nope; that implies it uses petrol. This is electric”

@b264 That’s not true. It has a motor therefore it’s motorized. FACT

On campus I get this daily “What’s on the bottom of your board?” People honestly have no idea electric skateboards are a thing. They live in there own little bubbles haha.

You’re correct, that is a fact. However around here when anyone hears the word “motorized” they picture a stinky loud chainsaw petrol engine on it. And that’s totally not what it is. So lying actually clears it up.

Kind-like when folks say they are “taping” something. They are not using magnetic tape, they are recording

Where do you live? I haven’t heard anyone use “taping” in a while.

Downtown Saint Louis

I guess that makes sense then. If I expected people to assume petrol by the word “motorized”, it would definitely be in Missouri.

4 Likes

I can just tell from the looks I get that they think it runs on some gas engine or something. Woooah! How is it moving without you pushing it???

-actually, this were skateboarders-

Me asking (with 100 mm wheel on hand) for some spacers at DLX store in SF for ‘my electric skateboard’ and two skateboarders talking to each other: “Well brah, seems like nobody wants to push anymore”

I was legit asked this by an Electrical Engineer once.

Him, “why are you carrying it?”

Me, “the batteries are dead”

Him, “So you have to buy new ones? That must get expensive”

4 Likes

Bwahahahaha. OMG people are so dumb sometimes :yum:

…Holy shit some people have no common sense…

Should’ve responded back to him with a question of your own, like “Do you buy a new phone every time the battery dies?”

2 Likes

“Is that a Boosted Board?”

“How much did it cost??” - “OH WOW”

“How long did it take to make?”

1 Like

Usually… How fast is it? How much? And as @Michaelinvegas said… YOU CHEEEEEEEATEEEEEEER!

2 Likes

Hmm, how does that phrase go? “Life’s too short…?” Something like that.

1 Like

As a mechatronics engineer, I feel like I should apologize for this.

3 Likes

This guy told me to motorize all 4 wheels. So that I could control and steer it from a distance.

Tried telling him it doesn’t work like that, 4 times in a row… :see_no_evil:

And another: “Go make a Kickstarter page right now”

3 Likes

“How long does it take to build?” “How much did it cost?” “Is that a lunch box under your skateboard?” “Isn’t that dangerous?” “Build me one.”

I live in Canary Islands and, at least until now in Tenerife, I’ m the first and the only one riding an electric longboard. My favourite and most frequent one is " Look!! That skate goes alone, what ?!?.."

2 Likes

I hope he thought your batteries were destroyed. Otherwise yup, he should definitely rethink his career ‘opportunities’ :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like