Think I just killed my Focbox 1.6 in less than 24 hours of owning it lol

3DServisas had single focbox cases in the past, that would probably do it but unless they go into production again…

1 Like

That’s not really a valid reason… The vesc should prevent itself from dying…

Even though the most I’ve done is 30 batt amps.

If you get the kug3 single focbox case, you should be safe to run it at 40/45amps even inside an enclosure with no airflow

I ran 45a and the highest temp I ever saw was somewhere in the 70c range (for a ~7 mile ride):+1:

1 Like

Hey everyone!

Finally got some cash to spend :money_mouth_face:

Now it’s time to find a hot air gun. I’ve been looking on the cheapest ones and they seem to do the job. I’ve specifically been looking on this

Before I buy it, I would appreciate if someone have any experience with it, or knows whether it’s go or no-go.

I’ve also found some solder paste

Thanks a lot for all of your help so far guys!

There are a LOT of vendors labelling their hot air station as 858D. Some have mains voltage on the wand!

I think the Yihua or Atten branded ones are usually good.

Solder paste, I believe you have to store refrigerated and it has a shelf life? I think instead, if you’re just doing a few components and not a whole board, you can get away with lots of flux and good quality solder.

1 Like

Actually, you’re better off using chip quik.

I replaced three MCUs in quick succession using the leaded chip quik set from adafruit.

You will need a suction cup tool or blu tack (or similar putty substance) to remove the MCU.

This is the only resource I used going into the repair.

2 Likes