This is why we don't play with e-skateboards inside

Photo of current state of drywall which i bet is currently as was just after the Remote fell??

Thanks. I know. I was asking for it xd Worked a couple of years installing them

It is. Ill get a pic when im home. I dont have any pics saved on my phone for coverup reasons :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Hahaha good read man! Coworker also wanted to try my Trampa, went well until he decided to test the brakes by just going a little faster first (that’s why you have brakes right?). It stopped, instantly and launched backwards. He went flying and almost drove the board through the window.

1 Like

it’s all fun and games until some breaks a window :joy:

1 Like

I shattered two glass doors in college because of runaways. My skateboard’s kicktail just cleans the metal frame right into the glass. Glad these were before cameras were installed all over campus

I also have a story about why we should not play with esk8 inside:

So i ride to work. I usually unplug my loopkey outside before i entered the office but today someone started to ask me questions about my board, which disrupted my normal flow. I put my remote in my front hoodie pocket while i chatted with them and entered through the front lobby.

Its important to note at this point that our office is made from floor to ceiling glass on the outside walls.

So i get to the area with all the desks and meeting tables. I set my board down and start removing my helmet gloves and gear. Some one calls me into one of the labs to help them lift something. I go to help, unaware i have left an armed time bomb at my desk. In the lab i bend over to grab the box, forgetting that the remote is still in my front hoodie pocket.

Suddenly I hear the loud screech of thane on the smooth office floor as my dual drive trampa delivers everything its got. The board instantly shoots across the office like a 6kw cruse missile. I couldn’t see from where i was stood so i could only hope it wouldn’t end badly. It felt like eternity before i finally heard a loud CRASH. I stepped out of the lab to see everyone else stood at there desks and meeting tables looking at what had happened. There i was, remote in hand, board upside down half way down the office, lipo’s and bits of enclosure spread across the floor. I had to walk across the office and pick up all the pieces of my board an my pride :frowning:

The only good part of this is that it seems the board grazed past a wall and managed to flip its self over, ending the incident without hurting anyone and avoiding all of the insanely expensive glass.

LESSON LEARNED: never have your board and remote powered up indoors at the same time.

Jesus… I guess you guys at the office like

1 Like