Thomas the Dank Engine - Hummie | 10s5p | bbenclosure | 107s | 6374 | SR TKP | Tiller mounts | Riptide

OK no worries, it must have been the angle of the picture. SZ trucks are designed to take accept .6 tall bushings boardside. That was my main concern. Stoked you like the feel!

2 Likes

I love this build, im midway through a very similar build and was searching away looking for riptide suggestions for sr tkp. I’d be very interested to know what bushings you did actually use @brenternet :pleading_face:

2 Likes

This build is finished and as customary is now dead to me. I’m building the next one already*

*Ben is building it

2 Likes

Ahh, so @bigben could shine some light on the bushing choice?

haha no, I jest. It was all me.

Description Unit price Qty Amount
Riptide KranK TallBarrel Bushings - Durometer : 93A
Item Number 6793 13.95 EUR 1 €13.95 EUR
Riptide KranK FatCone Bushings - Durometer : 93A
Item Number 6788 15.50 EUR 1 €15.50 EUR
Riptide Pivot Cups (set of 2) - Durometer : 96A, Type : Randal / Surf Rodz / Wefunk Stealth
Item Number 4701 17.95 EUR 1 €17.95 EUR
2 Likes

Thanks man, im gonna give this a go :+1:

1 Like

I’d say try the normal barrel first. You can’t really go wrong over the stock ones.

1 Like

Comment first, then off to the jacks for a dirty read you rascal

Congratulations it’s sick!

1 Like

Nice build @brenternet! I might steal that griptape design from you if you don’t mind :stuck_out_tongue:

What kind of ground clearance are you getting with the ABEC wheels? Interested because I currently have haggy wheels and a double-stack, which should have the exact same clearance. Want to know if speed bumps are an issue.

Speed bumps no, I’ve been over a few and held my breath but it’s never connected. There are a few light scratches on my mounts and there’s one long one down the middle of my enclosure where I went over a root. As I approached it I thought “that’s going to scratch” and then did it anyway because yolo and all that.

It’s not precious in this set up. You can ride it without too much care, I am transitioning from pavement to road, riding some rough cobble and not really thinking about it. It’ll strike things and get scratched but that’s just the nature of esk8 right :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Phew

20190428_152743

9 Likes

Why two different axel length ?

I like to front wheel steer and prefer the aesthetic of a narrow truck on the front.

Nice build, if you don’t mind me asking, how much did this cost to build? Also, what kind of speed/range are you seeing?

One for sale here. £1400 https://forum./t/wts-all-eskate-parts-uk/1321

i dont even know you but you sound funny af

He’s not. He’s a proper fuck who gets mixed reviews.

#neverforget #brentstrong

1 Like

so confused

1 Like

Good. Welcome to the fold.

In all seriousness he’s a good guy.