Thoughts on Keda motors?

That’s true. Didn’t think of that. Still, after feeling 63mm motors I’m not sure I can go back :joy: it was geared 16/36 at the time

1 Like

What wheel diameter? If it’s 107, that’s pretty steep. If it’s 90mm, that’s a good ratio

It was 90mm

1 Like

Is this any good to you? I’m UK based. Bought it and it’s sst in it’s box since!

@bigben Might contact You a bit later. Ive got one laying around which has not been tried yet (it is for friend but build progress has been greatly slowed down)

Though once ive tested it, i might be interested (especially if deal is good)

My only alternative as of now, is nobrand banggood motors, though I dont like their magnets and thin walls near mounr screws. Otherwise they are also good due to 8mm axle

@Okami No probs. If you need it, make me an offer. I think it cost me £30.

You could probably epoxy some rubber around the motor as well. That was a pretty good explanation, thanks!

@TheFluffiest Yeh one of the ideas was to take inner tube from tire and get it wrapped around the can.

So thanks for pointing out about the rubber, had already forgotten such option.

1 Like

Glad to help! I was just thinking about hub motors, and thought it could be an interesting idea for this

Hello! Is it good for 6s?

I went for a 5 mile ride today. It was a cruise. Wasnt on it too hard. All of a sudden i feel a drag on my right motor. So i run a motor detection and it. Throws this at me Screenshot_2019-05-05-17-30-50 I checked my connections…took the belt of thinking it was binding or slowing somewhere. It still has so much redistance to spinning. Any ideas. Ive only had these motors three weeks.

What are the results of a hand test?

1 Like

Phase wire C is smooth whether its connected to A or B.

1 Like

You have a winding problem then, time to open the motor to see how bad and if it’s salvagable. Likely you need a new motor.

KEDA motors aren’t coated at all, might want to look into battle-hardening one

Ok thank you. I appreciate it. Ive seen one thread of battle. hardening.

i had a problem like this with my first build, i also use keda motors and because of movement in the phase wire the insulation rubbed trough. i had to open the motor and add heat shrink. now i always attatch the phase wires with cable ties so they cant move…

3 Likes