Throttle sensitivity

Ah I gotcha. Wonder how boosted pulls it off then… don’t think it works that way but is still speed control not accel.

Yea them and evolve have custom fw’s and escs for speed based control

Another option you can try is putting your controller in “reverse” so that moving the throttle forward is acceleration. It has more movement so it’s easier to adjust to what you want. It takes a little getting used to using it in reverse but it’s my preferred method now.

I feel your pain. What you’re looking for is Duty Cycle which every other esc uses. Unfortunately due to bldc firmware it’s not usable on vesc. Only hope is that Vesc-tool comes with usable Duty Cycle which is what I’m waiting for. Could be available this week or next year who knows.

1 Like

Weird. How the hell isnt this available yet? Cost, hardware limitations only companies with deep pockets can afford?

It strange just getting into this hobby how much in it’s infancy it is. I fly drones and it’s amazing how complex and quickly that tech moves.

Is eskate just too small of a market?

i guess i have to stick to what ive got right now and wait for the new vesc tool for vesc 6.0 which is compatible with 4.12 vesc and especially maytech vesc with no bootloader. or i can buy a new vesc which will cost a lot

The only thing needed is firmware upgrade. Some people don’t like Duty Cycle and don’t mind watt/current mode. Don’t know what they’re missing out on. Only person that can make changes is Benjamin the creator of vesc.

Wow only one person can make firmware changes?!? What about ackmaniac ?

I’ve tried the duty cycle control mode of the Carbon GT, but I much prefer the current control mode of the VESC.

I know its not for everyone. I tried a evolve and it was a bit touchy. The throw of the remote is small. With something like a gt2b it would be better imo from trying duty cycle on vesc. Duty cycle has sense of more power at low rpm at low speeds but is still controllable at high speeds. If you increase power/watts in the settings in watt mode it has even less throttle range. So if you put 6000watts for a 4wd I wonder how much throttle range you’d have. If you did the same 6000watts on Duty cycle in theory you’d still have to press full throttle for full speed.

What do you mean by

You can install the boot loader and change the firmware in a maytech. Search for st-link in the forum

Vedder will probably release updated Duty Cycle with his new firmware. If he doesn’t, there are few people able or willing

That is true. But somebody did get to make a new control method. Sorry for insisting but @Ackmaniac 's firmware is so cool I just can’t stop advertising it

I certainly hope so!

1 Like

anyone heard if a new improved duty cycle control mode is coming out anytime soon?

1 Like

Looks like Duty Cycle (with neutral) might not happen after all. I tried to convince vedder but he’s either not interested or hardware limitation, not sure. Someone said it worked for them maybe on vesc-6. Post comment on vedder forum to let him know we want duty cycle and maybe he’ll take a look.

Lame 10char

2 Likes