TIE/ad x1 | 1st Build Trampa E-toxx (Australia)

200kv works good with max6, 170kv is an option too!

Max6 is 6.5mm https://www.ebay.de/itm/Goldkontakt-Verbinder-Heavy-Duty-Stecker-Buchse-6-5-mm-10-Paar-partCore-100223/141573500081?epid=1837720720&hash=item20f6702cb1:g:vVYAAOSwEwZbPxYG

Castle Creations also have them for a bit more dollars

2 Likes

Ordered an E-toxx Max6 CF mounting bracket and an Osprey Kamber 22 earlier today, got back to my desk after a meeting to find this!

6 Likes

dont forget to get a programming card with them Max6’s so you can adjust settings

1 Like

Was thinking of this last night, so I ordered the HW WiFi Express card and downloaded the iOS app. Also, this morning after confirming stock, I placed the order for the APS6384 200kV motors.

2 Likes

Chargers have arrived. Pretty much going to feel like my birthday for the next two weeks or so.

5 Likes

So today was big delivery day, three packages arrived all at once. I now have most of the electrical stuff, just need a couple more connectors, and some soldering consumables. Also, motors, let’s not forget those!

2 Likes

Plus, I have tracking numbers for the Trampa and E-toxx stuff.

1 Like

looks like soon you will be quite busy :wink:

1 Like

Can’t wait! How much W fuse should I get for this?

you will run 12s right? Take a 58V fuse Something like this https://www.amazon.de/Leistungssicherung-Streifensicherung-Sicherung-Midi-weiss/dp/B00EBNRXRK/ref=sr_1_fkmr0_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1536230433&sr=8-2-fkmr0&keywords=58V+fuse

depending on how hard you wanna go, between 60-100A should be fine

1 Like

8S actually.

ah ok, sorry. Than you can go with a normal 36V car fuse too. the amps I would stay the same like with 58V

he doesn’t need any fuse or anti spark because the max6 esc already have them built in.

2 Likes

Didn´t know about it as I don´t own a max6. That´s good. Which fuse is build inside?

1 Like

That’s awesome! Didn’t know.

1 Like

No idea about which fuse! but i pulled this from the hobbywing website itself , iv been using them without any fuses or anti spark systems for over a year now with zero problems.

capture-20180906-135508

1 Like

But it’s only anti spark, nothing written about a fuse. As min not in the picture you posted. Fuse should save you from short the battery or the esc. The antispark just kills the spark which can appear while connecting a battery to the esc.

the system as stated protects both battery and esc, you literally can’t have a functional ’ anti spark system’ without some kind of fuse component or something that does a similar job of a fuse, as iv said, iv literally been using these escs as standard without any problems for over a year.

I thought there is just a precharge resistor inside🤔 I once shorted my battery with a anti spark loop key, so can you explain me why there the fuse inside the antispark plug didn’t triggered? I‘m not a electrotechnical expert, so I just want to understand this.

The switches ( similar to what the max6 uses) are obviously a lot more advanced than a loop key hence why the Vedder Anti-Spark switches are very expensive. Im sure theres a thread about the differences between the 2.