πŸ‚ πŸ”₯πŸšƒ To the train build with parts lists and links!

@Apolo - Thank you - I appreciate you! I love the people on this forum!

1 Like

The Vesc monitors total voltage, not individual cells. So a discharge bms or Lipo voltage alarm provides a higher level of protection

2 Likes

well, do you really think the cells will drift that much?

i’d say a wide cutoff with 0.2V would be enough

2 Likes

Well, my cutoffs will not be near the edge I’m thinking 3.75v Full cut off. Would that work? My sells are zippy flightmax, not top class.

That is a very conservative cutoff. You’ll probably be fine with that. Individual cell monitoring allows you to go lower on your cutoff. And it is added protection Incase one pack discharges faster or sags more than the other.

It’s not a hobby if you sold your car. Not any more than minivan driving is a hobby to a soccer mom, or Model T driving was a hobby for Mr. Ford

well dude, this was just a phrase - for me its a hobby

1 Like

@Drifter89 @b264

I got rid of my car payment, insurance, gas, and parking costs (roughly $600/month) and replaced it with a monthly train tickets ($20/m) and this e-board build ($900).

Not a bad trade.

3 Likes

@torqueboards Feel free to pm me directly! Wouldn’t mind taking a look at it!

I was also going to suggest this, I think its a must with lipo usage. Below 3.5v the voltage drops of a cliff and you can easily kill a pack if one cell goes low.

That is true with Lipos. They fall off quickly on the lower end.

lol dude, relax. you seem like these vegan guys who must say to everyone how bad meat eating is.

dont call people an idiot for using cars, since you dont know how long they need to drive for work or else. you seem too aggressive for me in this discussion, not bringing the arguments rather than insults.

4 Likes

Do what you do. But when the weather turns to crap, e boards don’t cut it. I think its a bad idea to sub one out for a car. Relax jack, I’m not trying to be an a-hole, Its a fun pastime. Don’t be so up-tight. The kids will be just fine.

If that’s a viable option for your commute, that’s awesome.

this is a pretty nice thing i have to say. you can save a lot. but what about winter and rain? you need to make things waterproof, like, real waterproof. when doing the housing, think about that.