Tom's DIY Buildlog! (Incomplete) - Updated 11/02/16

yes im sure.

Weird, is there any reason not to do it? It hasn’t sparked or anything and the packs seem completely fine.

I have two 5s in series and i also removed the red balance wire from the negative pack. Works for me…

Hmm strange, i might have been that when I connected the packs they were a little out from each other? I might try disconnect it again and see if it works now that the cells are all good

if you just got two totally different packs then hooked them together and expected them to be balanced, that might have been your problem.

2 5000mAh 3s lipos, one was approx 11.9v the other was approx 11.5 id say. I hooked them up to a balance charger for probably 10 hours and it never finished, check all the cells and they were all at 4.2 except the third cell which was 4.18 and wouldn’t go up. I connected the wire and it balanced correctly.

It could be just by restarting the charge that they’ve evened out, not sure on this though.

Nah i had restarted it multiple times (charger times out after 2 hours)

Just threw it together with duct tape to get a ride in, it works!!!

Few issues,

1. When going at a low speed it works perfectly, however when I accelerate to go faster, it will get to speed then cut out for 5 seconds, then back on again if I lower the throttle. Could this be a problem with the ESC, or wiiciever program? It doesnt happen when the boards upside down, so Im assuming the current to go full speed with weight is too much for a component?

2. Not enough torque to get me going from standstill, but I dont really mind at all as it feels more comfortable to push start anyway.

Hope someone can help with issue 1!

:smiley: still happy so far

@tommyb10 - You need to move the controller the sensors on the Nyko Kama will time out if you hold the controller still for 5 secs or longer.

We’re actually looking at revamping the Wiiceiver so we should have a newer version in the near future.

I was moving and waving my arm to make sure that didnt happen, but it still occurs :frowning:

Mine is running on an arduino nano, could that be an issue? It works perfect with no weight on it

That I’m not too sure. You’d have to ask Austin David.

Ah on the endless sphere forum?

Do you know if there is a way to log the serial output? All I can think of is using a raspberry pi strapped on, but I really cant be arsed :stuck_out_tongue:

Yeah, post on ES. He’ll see it and respond.

Ah I figured it out!

I forgot that I had turned on low voltage cut off on my ESC. I quickly hooked up a rpi to log the serial output of the arduino, and found that the code worked perfectly, however the voltage dropped to around 17v. I had the low voltage cut off turned on at 18v. So i changed the ESC setting to reduce power and it works perfectly, I can get to around 25km/h :smiley: