Torque Board Motor Mount Screw is Stripped

I have tried every possible way to remove this bolt but nothing worked I tried heating it up,using a rubber band, using a hammer to get the bit in, then I am across the speed out extractor and it completely destroyed the screw any ideas of how to fix this?

heat is the only way to get it… but it looks really stripped at this point.

You could try gluing the allen key to the stripped bolt and then applying heat to unscrew it. You’d have to throw out the allen key and bolt, but at least it’d be out.

Why’d you have to get it off in the first place?

1 Like

Same thing happened to me. I drill out the hole, then hammered a torx screwdriver into the hole. Then you can screw it out and replace it with a new one.

1 Like

So what happend was that the bolt kept coming lose when I was riding so I tightended it to much and added to much lock tight, now it is completely stuck it came off the truck becuse it came lose and it made it easier to work with.

1 Like

This happened In another thread, the solution was to cut a notch so a screwdriver would fit into it

1 Like

Ok if @cmatson s idea does not work I will attempt that.

1 Like

In this thread above or below post 80 is the problem and many solutions

This helped thank you

A good hex bit helps too. Using a bad/soft hex bit will round out.

Let us know if you still have issues. It’s an M6 x 25mm bolt if your referring to the cap head bolt.

and while your at it, I would remove all the bolts and take a trip to HomeDepot to get a better head design bolt, so you avoid this problem on any other bolt. Also make sure to clean out the threads inside the mount, loctite doesnt want to come out in one piece.

1 Like

Get a better tool also :slight_smile: unless you got a good one already.

1 Like