Torque Boards 6355 power issues.. =/

if you have any other ideas, they are much appreciated, ill be spending the majority of my time, trying to get things running smoothly

tomorrow i will post a video of the intermittant power loss at medium speed so you can see what I am referring to. I might make a 20min drive to buy some new connections and resolder everything… i already had to resolder the rx cable on my vesc =/

Settings look good. How about the app config tabs.

ppm as well

its crazy how just jumping up one motor size can be so difficult…

If there is a way to test I will try it, I have a spare vesc but there is no firmware on it and I dont have stlink

hey so this mornings run was pretty good!!! belt slippage is insane!! super depressed about this as i bough a whole bunch of HTD 280-5M… if i go 12mm what is the belt size?

You could try tightening it up a bit. Not sure what you’re asking about belt. You’d use the same belt length just 3mm wider (280-5m-12)

1 Like

I usually run 265-5M-12 for dual motor setups and 265-5M-15 for single motor setups, with matching pulleys.

1 Like

Thanks guys, I am still experiencing power issues though. the flat portion of the ride was great! Going down hill, i had intermittant power dip, and the motor cliks and hangs under load, ejecting me from the board… my body really hurts… =/

its like sometimes i apply throttle and i get a response but then sometimes i get a hang… im so confused, until i get a vesc programmer i only have one vesc. if its a power issue can i isolate the problem with a multimeter?

ok so i was riding just now adjusted my pulley and set screws I tried to accelerate and all i heard was “click click click”, then im thrown off the board, and my foot is killing me… feels bad… im hoping this will go away when i go 12mm, however, im worried about when i apply throttle and it clicks instead of drives, my last motor did that also… could this be a problem with the vesc?

or hopefully some setting in bldc…

keep in mind the remote you’re using has reliability issues. You might want to consider getting a different one.

1 Like

So ditch the nano x remote…I didnt know this could be a remote symptom

Isnt there a setting that will prevent brake If the remote d/c? I think I saw it somewhere in w vid but dont remember … so applying throttle it clicks now not every time but every other time I punch it decides to hang instead of accelerate?

I think its related as I fall shortly after hearing it and hit the ground

i thought this as well. The enamal could have worn thin from rubbing… just enough to lose power but not enough to put it in a full short.

Its that sensative?.. wow I mean ya I trimmed the cables and changed the connectors but It looks ok… so earlier I soldered the rx cables back on the vesc as they are thin and connected directly to board, if the soldering isnt perfect this could mess the signal right… I guess I will order new parts then damn that sux 90$and its broken…how come it only stalls every other time, my previous motor did that also