Torque ESC & Motor combo: No torque & stutter on start up

Thanks everyone for your help! Great forum and I appreciate the support.

I will order the sensor wire – I can order for diyelectricskateboard but wondering if there is another option in the US? I’m not totally happy with them. If you have suggestions of where else to buy, let me know.

1 Like

the belt char

There’s a good chance someone on the forum has one to send for shipping or cheap. Go write in the wanted thread… :blush:

1 Like

If you have a solder iron you can always by a 6pin 2mm jst with cables for cheap than cut the small plug from the motor sensor wires and solder the 2mm one on it.

Start with 35a motor max setting and look if the esc becomes hot during your ride. If it stays around 40 degrees you can always adjust it more high after. Motor max i would set between 60-80a. Should be more than enough

I got to ride today and I have to say, I like it! I do have a sensor wire on order and I’ll install that and redo the VESC setup once it arrives. But it felt really good on my quick 3 mile ride. I appreciate all the help.

I’m going to post in another thread - I have a question specifically about the battery monitor that is onboard my battery.

2 Likes