Torque Kit doubts

yeah i use that tool. So it is true that when the speed decreases the torque increases. Another issue that I don’t know and thw calc tool doesn’t help me is about the belt width (12-15mm) and how this affect speed and torque ( I know that more length means more torque but what about width?)

Width doesn’t have to do much with speed or torque I think it’s just more a matter of preference.

1 Like

you can get higher speed with higher voltage yo can get higher speed with higher kV motor you can get higher speed with bigger motor pulley you can get higher speed with smaller wheel pulley

besides voltage with torque it´s the other way around. you can´t have both if just changing one component.

if the with of the belt is bigger you have more grip, more contact to your pulleys, you can run the belts more lose without getting them slip.

Personally I would go as wide as I can with the pulley.

2 Likes

If you are doing a single motor, 15mm width is the absolute minimum IMO.

2 Likes

The wider the beslt the easier it is for it to transfer the torque to the wheel is my understanding.

I went from a 9mm belt to a 15mm on a single drive and the difference was huge. I had to have the 9mm belt so tight so it wouldn’t slip that i lost range.

being able to run the belt slightly looser helped with range and free wheeling as well.

now i run 15mm belts on a dual drive and it is incredible.

i weigh a lot though so the wider belts seem to be a must.

1 Like