What do you guys think? Would you use it?
I want to make the design look a bit better but I’d have to widen the mounting holes or the entire enclosure in general.
I’m been tossing around a new idea to make more modular enclosures which would make it easier to do the following:
- Quick ability to remove the enclosure.
- Work with multiple different setups.
- Easy to install.
You can see the current design of the enclosure. On the right side is the stand alone electronics enclosure.
- Electronics Enclosure - The electronics enclosure is meant to fit (2) 12S ESCs or (1) 12S ESC. It’s also meant to fit the receiver and on/off switch if needed.
- Battery Enclosure - There are a few different enclosures which I’m planning on creating for which would be… 2x3S LiPo, 2x6S LiPo, EPOWER Pack 6S2P, EPOWER Pack 10S3P, EPOWER Pack 12S3P.
Current Sizes *EPOWER Pack Dimensions aren’t set in stone yet. Will know more soon.
- 2x3s Length = 7” or 180mm Width = 5.5” or 145mm Height = 1.20” or 30mm - 2x6s Length = 7” or 180mm Width = 5.5” or 145mm Height = 2” or 55mm - EPOWER Pack 6S2P Length = 9.84” or 250mm Width = 5.5” or 145mm Height = 1.18” or 30mm - EPOWER Pack 10S3P Length = 15” or 380mm Width = 5.5” or 145mm Height = 1.18” or 30mm - EPOWER Pack 12S3P Length = 20” or 510mm Width = 5.5” or 145mm Height = 1.18” or 30mm
Mounting The Enclosure Ideally, we would use #6 bolts and/or M4 bolts.
We can bolt it down almost snug. Push it to the side and lift up.
Waterproofing weather strips.