TorqueBoards motor mount comes loose

Haha the torqueboards 218. I had caliber II and had the same issue with those.

1 Like

Iā€™ll get in contact with each of you. See what we can do to resolve it.

Surprised everyone seems to be having the issue.

I think itā€™s an installation issue but it probably shouldnā€™t be that difficult :confused:

8 Likes

Thank you!

Installed the way itā€™s instructed on the video.

I saw this coming as soon as they changed their mounts from the clamping style with an opening to the closed off ones only held by set screws and no clamping force.

We went through this when @Boardnamics released his mounts and nobodys clamp worked, and i remember seeing the torqueboards had a similar style which is why I thought it would work, turns out it doesnā€™t.

I doubt any of these will be able to stay on consistently no matter what you do.

https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/2363/7649/products/d286c99a07c7c9b5295a4d29e2c62ea6_1903x.jpg?v=1506284480

3 Likes

Not everyone is having this issue. Very slim issue in regards to how many people use our mounts.

The current mount clamps a lot better than the previous IMO.

1 Like

It does this on all 4 sides. I think the screws dig in loosen the mount. I do like the mounts, and they are simple, just doesnā€™t last for me.

2 Likes

I dont, @Namasaki was the one that came up up with the clamp process, I just stole it because it works well :slight_smile:

2 Likes

It could be related to the loose tolerances on Caliber 2 trucks. I did a little bit of a study on the Caliber 2 hangers a while back and found a max of 1.8mm difference between exact location on multiple hangers.

3 Likes

Yupp same on mineā€¦ Itā€™s also hard to get the alignment right. A bar between the mounts would help A lot.

3 Likes

There new mounts have bars. Too bad I canā€™t just swap them out for their new ones.

It is also happening to me on tb 218 trucks. I thought it was my caliber II trucks as well. So I got a new set. Same issue.

Using setscrews for the clamp seems like a design flaw imo :thinking: I just used double setscrews and loctite and it went fine. (for now)

2 Likes

I reached out to all of you. Iā€™ll get a new one and ship you out a new one.

3 Likes

Iā€™ve said it and other have said it

You didnā€™t torque it tight enough.

• use loctite
  • use a socket driver/ratchet with atleast a 6 inch handle. Donā€™t use Allen keys or screw handle bits, it simply will not be tight enough

Iā€™m going to be home in a minute. And Iā€™m going to make a video to install these properlyā€¦ So yeaā€¦

5 Likes

@Deckoz Thatā€™s what I honestly think the issue isā€¦

Iā€™ve assembled way too many of these. For this to be an issue.

Anyways, Iā€™ll make it easier.

Sorry guys for the hassle. Iā€™ll try to get something easier for everyone as soon as I can.

Please respond to the PMs.

5 Likes

I completely agree. Iā€™m gonna make a video in a minuteā€¦

3 Likes

These are M8 Knurled Tip Set Screws. They arenā€™t your typical set screws.

3 Likes

Maybe ordinary set screws actually would be better in this case, so they dont dig inside the truck

1 Like

Iā€™m having this same issue on my TB mounts on 218mm trucksā€¦so it seems more than just a few have failed

2 Likes