TORQUEBOARDS Pneumatic Tires *VOTE FOR TIRE TREAD STYLE*

We’re coming out with some new 160x50 All Terrain Street Tires and 180x50 Off-Road Tires. 180x50 drawing coming at a later time.

Help us choose our first 160x50 Pneumatic Tire Tread!

08102018%20AT%20Street%20Tire%20Thread%20Options

• A
  • B
  • C

0 voters

5 Likes

I’m voting B for presumably the best contact patch and probably adequate enough water channeling for those with water resistant rides.

2 Likes

B is perfect, kinda looks like the Bridgestone Potenza RE-71R my favorite street/track tire.

images%20(7)

8 Likes

The tread on C is nice. Would be interesting to see the center straight channel treads to move closer together like the image eboosted linked.

Agreed. Aesthetically, C is the winner in my book… but with the center channels more narrow like you said. :heavy_check_mark:

1 Like

C looks better for off road and B for city riding

What hubs will they fit? Would fit in the Trampa ones?

1 Like

We have some custom hubs for these pneumatic tires. They’ll fit standard 8mm axles specifically our 218mm TB Trucks with a 62T HTD5 15mm Pulley w/ Bearing. We’ll have a 160x50 All Terrain Street and a 180x50 Off-Road Tire. We can always add more down the line if everyone finds a need for it.

5 Likes

Thanks

I think would be great if they fit more standard hubs like Trampa and mainly evolve, I bet a lot of people would buy them if the price is good and the last, but the downside is that you don’t sell your hubs as much

Yeah agree on tire and tube compatibility with hypa or superstar hubs. I’ve got @kug3lis hubs that I’m still looking for tires and tubes for

2 Likes

The tires will probably fit Evolve/Trampa…

The point of it is that we don’t have specific all terrains for DIY setups. The available MTB and Evolve Pneumatics only fit Evolve/Trampa setups so they aren’t as universal.

So not sure how that would be beneficial more so? Why wouldn’t you just use Trampa/Evolve tires for Trampa/Evolve Trucks?

Just curious but they should all be interchangeable overall. Would still have to test though.

4 Likes

We’ll work on a few new designs.

4 Likes

The more options the better, I’m about to jump on the pneumatics boat, but until I experience myself I fear they wearing down too fast, not cheap to replace tires often

If the durability is similar to @psychotiller 6x2 tires I bet your stock won’t last a day

Yeah, would be awesome if there was a standard. I’ll double check they should all fit.

Tire durability is comparable. Should last for a long time.

I think the only ones that wore out too fast were Skikes.

1 Like

I like the idea of having a channel down the center or dual channels just off the center of the tire (that @Eboosted suggested) for wet conditions and street conditions. This is a science I am sure someone will jump in with the data on different patterns and trade-off. The most important question I have is what max PSI/BAR are your designing for? I have see street 200mm range from 35-75 PSI.

Kevin

1 Like

Will be 50 PSI.

1 Like

Whats the story with Trampa at 75psi? did they add more ply? The Kenda tires I am running are 50 PSI and 4 ply… I also have some more aggresive Cheng Shin that are only 35PSI and marked 4P.R. Nylon I am thinking they may also be 4ply however not near as stiff as the Kenda.

A will wear quickly with that center line… B looks good for around town.

This is the Kenda tread and these last…Pretty hard rubber compared to the Cheng Shin. I have been only using the Cheng Shin in the MN winter months (Yes we get Snow and Ice)

Since this community loves to dig deeper and know how things work here are a few interesting articles to explain tyre design. I think for Esk8 application the following should be considered: Tread Pattern, Compound, Ply’s, PSI and overall side wall stiffness.

Maybe someone more informed can make a matrix for trade off’s. The exciting thing is @torqueboards is making a new tyre and even better asking the community what we desire…

Kevin

Also another good article:

5 Likes

God bless you. please hurry before i travel to Europe in January :smiley: