TORQUEBOARDS Pneumatic Tires *VOTE FOR TIRE TREAD STYLE*

I like c not because its a better tire it just looks cooler lol

1 Like

I’ll have some new tire threads up soon.

Rim is pretty much done just need to put things in motion.

7 Likes

Here’s some updates to the latest tire. Waiting on rim and pulley samples.

image image

29 Likes

Its looking good. Like the tread patterns too.

2 Likes

They are 160mm? Will we be able to use it with your direct drives?

1 Like

Planning on it but haven’t tested yet.

1 Like

Curious as to what your rim design looks like from the side. Tires look great.

@Skunk

11 Likes

Looking good. Really love that you guys are pushing to put out so many new products for the community.

6 Likes

62T HTD5 15mm wide pulley has a seat for a regular skateboard bearing will work with the 218mm Trucks.

@Skunk Thanks trying lol.

5 Likes

@torqueboards all of this looks amazing!! If you can forgive me for getting a little off topic - I would throw some cash at an alternative to the trampa 125mm gummies…

5 Likes

Looks great so far. Can you say if the 5star pattern is somehow compatible with MBS or trampa hubs pattern?

I thought about it but we’re releasing a 110x65 Kegel core style wheel which has much thicker urethane and wider than a 125mm gummie. With a 15mm / .59" difference I don’t see the point much in offering a similar option.

As far as pulley’s being compatible. I don’t think they are as I didn’t design them to be. The pulley will fit into the hub vs being bolted onto the rim itself.

Tires should be pretty compatible though.

3 Likes

I see your point - that being said I would also love to be able to have hubs to switch back and forth between urethane and pneumatic without having to get extra pulleys for thick urethane wheels vs mtb hubs

1 Like

That makes sense but wouldn’t you have to take it apart anyways to swap it? You’re either taking out the pulleys or the rims itself unless you have two sets entirely (wheels + pulleys) which would make a quicker swap. Which means you’d still need extra pulleys.

3 Likes

oh man… im just gonna save this money i have until ur new drives and wheels drop Dex… im running a single 6380 (didnt have time to print a 2nd pulley before work) and my god its great, i love it

3 Likes

They will put you on your ass if your not ready

Lol I was ready, but like any board when I try it for the 1st time I ease into the throttle to get a feel for it… It’s so much more responsive

P.S. If y’all can’t tell I love Sonic Drive-in

5 Likes

I always try to max the throttle to find out straight away what I’m dealing with. I’m just badass like that. When I get thrown off a big smile forms on my face.

Better be careful or you might end up like this

2 Likes