Total Newbie New Project

Good points guys, I will measure the trucks once I buy them I could end up with 50mm instead I still would like to make dual motors I like the idea of stability and power lol

Unless your a heavier dude or going for speed records I personally don’t think you need dual. I would put more money into buying a kick ass single drive, then upgrading to dual in the future.

Keep in mind it adds quite a bit of weight.

2 Likes

@strattos That’s not a bad idea as It’s my first build and I’ve never ridden a electric skateboard before or a normal skateboard for maybe 20 years lol.

Still using my Lipo build on 2 boards. Still love um!

2 Likes

Good to hear​:+1: But I’m thinking could I run 12s still with lipos instead of the 10s :thinking:

Shouldn’t be a problem as long as you have enough space under your board aaand choose a other kV for your motor. If buy a vesc based on hw4.12, with 12s and 190+kV you could get over a erpm of 60000 which could blow up your vesc if you don’t limit it. Better choose 150-170kV which gives you also a bit more torque

In case you didn’t know, you can calculate everything here: http://calc.esk8.it/#{“batt-type-lipo”:0,“batt-cells”:12,“motor-kv”:170,“system-efficiency”:85,“motor-pulley-teeth”:9,“wheel-pulley-teeth”:40,“wheel-size”:200}|

Great deck choice!

1 Like

Great deck, just the sort of thing I’m going with on my next one. I’d go single satellite or dual hubs with that and stick to 10s with more in parallel. More range less sag etc. Thinking about it with the roads and pavements in the uk being what they are then probs the satellite with some crossovers would be the way forward. I just like hubs on kickers only for the simplicity and durability on a board you are probably going to be hopping up kerbs etc. anyway keep the thread going with your progress and good luck!

Thanks for all the comments and help much appreciated. So at the moment I went today to get a quote on painting the board £60 (but I need to primer the board first)

I have also been doing a lot of reading and searching on forums etc I’m coming around to the idea 2 x 6s Lipos rated at 5000mah https://www.overlander.co.uk/batteries/lipo-batteries/lipo-batteries-5000mah-6s-22-2v-50c-ultrasport.html With a dual motor 170kv 4000 watts each. https://alienpowersystem.com/shop/brushless-motors/aps-6384s-sensored-outrunner-brushless-motor-170kv-4000w/

My question is has anyone mounted single motors front and back to create a dual motor setup? like this from youtube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zubc-UTdwo4

1 Like

Newest update Caliber ii trucks 83mm Slick Revolution Wheels image image image

1 Like

I do have a question for everyone though!

My wheels touch on full turn please advise?

Thanks in advance

Get you some risers. They make them in 4mm to 25mm, I find the 12mm or 1/2 in to be the best all around fit.

1 Like

Thanks for the advice @mmaner I’ve just ordered 2 packs of these image

1 Like

Ok guys thanks @mmaner for the riser idea I now have a led riser and 2 of the previous ones total of 16mm which does not rub now image

1 Like

So I’ve been doing some calculations working out what is best for both and I wanted an opinion on my plan. I’ve decided to run 12s1p dual 190kv which I think will give me best all round speed, braking and power.

The batteries

Esc 2 x Flipsky Vesc image Dual motors image

I am struggling with a bms for the space I have in my enclosure below image

Thanks for the help so far guys

I have also done a calculation on what I’m looking for please let me know any errors

I agree with going for a single motor setup. For that size board it would be perfect and you could use the savings to get a larger battery. For me 10s2p doesn’t offer enough range. That diyeboard enclosure has enough space for a stacked 10s5p + esc.

Some people run diagonally mounted motors, and ollinboards mounts them that way so no problem- but might be for that particular deck.

FYI, I just finished a kicktail build and I had to use extended reverse motor mounts to get enough motor clearance from the ground.

Thanks for the suggestion @Static but I have looked at idea of mounting 2 motors diagonal but the posabilities are quite limited. I love the idea of having 2 motors but due to the board I have chosen I’m limited on space however I do like a good challenge and I wouldn’t want to change the board.

I am looking at makzing a larger battery and the enclosure I have I’m limited from 170mm to 130mm so I’ve decided to run 18650 batteries as a 12s3p here’s my diagram (sorry it’s rough lol) image