Trampa - E-Toxx EMTB with 12S Roxxy ESC, Beltdrive SK3-149kv

Hey Mate,

no its not a KO for the Roxxys (-; Will use them further.

I think it was just to much with lots of full throttle by standstill.

5 Likes

Recieved my “free of charge” Replacement Roxxy in less then one week from Voelkner.de :grin:

No questions asked, just send a new one … great service … THX

9 Likes

Hi I want to build the same set up but I want to start with one roxxy and one 192kv sk3 how fats wil I go ? Btw I am 55kg

I think I wil fly if I upgrade to 2 motors but we wil see

Hey.

Single drive will be about the same vmax as Dualdrive, but less torque… around 50kmh with 1:6 Gearing

Greetz

Thx I have one more question if I have to roxxy esc and 2 192kv sk3 wil the amp draw be dubbel then with one motor and ecs O and wat battery would u recommend I have about 150 euro for the battery

Best regards

No its not the double amp draw, maybe about 30-50% more for my feeling. Most Batteries i got from HK. Zippy Compact 40C-6200mAh would be in your budget i guess. Greetz

It’s a while I follow your builds, but time has come to jump into MTB adventure :slight_smile: What is the model of your Trampa ? I already have e-toxx v2 mount but… that’s all :smile: Roxxy ESC’s seem to be a reliable and robust choice, thanks for the feedback.

Can you give a link for purchasing pulleys and belt ? And extinguisher ? :smile:

:joy:

yeah never go boarding without a extinguisher

Trampa HolyPro 16PLY Vertigo Trucks Superstar Hubs Mudplugger Tires

I love my Roxxys, you have to get on with the brake, but overall performance is amazing IMO

You got my Mounts without Drivegears??? Not from me (-; Send me an email to [email protected]

Was it a Beltdrive Kit ? If it was a Chaindrive Kit you have to tread one excisting Hole !

Cheers Jenso

Not from you for sure :smile: I bought it alone from okp. Do you sell spare parts ?

Need a Trampa too, so if you have tips about the model to order, I’ll be happy to know them. :wink:

Of course i sell spare parts.

Thats one possible model from Trampa:

Can these esc only be used wit Lipos or can the be used with lithium ion batteries also

Yeah why not! Just make sure you dont run the batteries to low! Dont trust the ESC Cutoff (-;

I was just checking them out and saw the programmer and the programmable functions for battery type said NC/NiMH or LiPo and also saw it’s used for some other applications so how would you set it up for flight boat or helicopter sorry if dumb question trying to understand it better

Run it in Car Modus. Yeah as i said, monitor your batteries external, dont trust esc cutoff.

Hey.

So i do it again :imp:

Set on Fire the second ROXXY :

No video this time :wink: It was more fire then last time, also the flames go not to the side but straight to the binding/feets :

See the charred boots :

So dont ride barefoot :sunglasses:

This time it was different from first time : It catches fire without load, was running for about 5km and wanna make a U-turn, done a “180” for this and when the board touches the ground again the ESC explodes !!!

I checked my other Roxxy´s after this for possible reasons , when i open the case i see some debris like little stones inside. And on one Roxxy the most exposed part from underside already was broken. I guess one more hard impact needet for third firework !

This part sits in this pocket of housing :

So what i will do are mainly two things : I will go with Epoxi to pour out the complete ESC, this will made it waterproof and protect it for debris.

And i will add some extra capacitors, a smart guy advised me after 1. Firework to do so. I will add 3 or 4 LOW ESR 63V ones next to each ESC.

Of course with this EPOXI stuff i loose all waranties, but if the improoved ones fails again i will probably go with other ESC !

Hang Loose Jenso

4 Likes

that is crazy! glad you’re ok. and looks like everything else is ok. maybe you should make like a shied to cover the ESC, not to enclose it but just so that when it goes up in flames again it doesn’t damage your bindings/boots/you.

Man you are burning through ESC’s!

I’ve been having good results with my sensored szfvt ESC’s not a single fire :sunglasses: (That’s the benchmark now)

1 Like

but are you riding like he is?

Wow, good job Roxxy killer! Looks like it’s time to install a firewall and fire extinguisher on your board. :fire_engine:

Glad you’re ok, but that’s pretty scary. Better that it’s the ESCs and not the batteries though. Have you thought about making a shock absorbing ESC mount on foam or something?

1 Like

@barajabali Do you have an link for this? And what is about your Torqueboard Esc, still happy?

@DilatedPupils Thats a good question, i’m really best in smashing parts (-: got some customers without problems on Roxxys until now… but i dont know how hard they ride?!?

@Mobutusan Yes i will go with some absorbing when i do the Epoxi mod… yeah man better esc fire then lipo fire for sure Bro !

1 Like