Trampa EMTB 8072 Sensored Alien Motors with E-toxx Direct drive

that is strange indeed… I plan to use the encoder instead of hall sensors and im also going to be using leopard 80mm motors, but yea

Yes… fortunately Bruno took them back. But it`s sad, because its an awesome motor size for MTB :slight_smile:

I’m getting close to finishing my Trampa build. That pic with the ‘ESC sandwich’ has just given me another option for mounting my ESCapes- thanks man.

1 Like

yea they are lol… im having APS make some custom KV motors with no termination for a project im trying to make with a buddy from school and i’ve not heard anything negative about APS motors until now… however i wont be changing my mind, they’re still gonna make me the motors lol

APS 63xx motors are rock solid… Good luck with your motor project , sounds interesting :grinning:

great cause thats what im getting made haha

Just a rough mockup for now. I wanna bring them lower but I’ll have to wait until your awesome drives come in so I know where I can build them. I have some aluminum plate for the final product! I may put a slight cavity on the front to hold receiver and bluetooth module.

Oh man you know the first thing I saw when I got these were loose windings and it bothered me a bit but I told myself @AlienPowerSystem is an awesome company and they know what they’re doing! Crossing my fingers, I really want these to work good!!

1 Like

Me too!!! I wish I had all the parts in so I could work my butt off and get it going!!!

Got the batteries in. Checked every single one of them and they are all 3.86 +/- .1v. :heavy_check_mark: 25’ pure nickel strip. :heavy_check_mark: 1/2” pure braided copper :heavy_check_mark: Heat shrink :heavy_check_mark: XT90 connectors :heavy_check_mark: Braided wire cover :heavy_check_mark: 10awg silicon wire :heavy_check_mark: Motors :heavy_check_mark: Direct drives :soon: Flipsky’s Vesc :heavy_check_mark: Board :heavy_check_mark: Spot welder :soon: Aluminum for vesc enclosure :heavy_check_mark: Battery charger :soon: Battery box :soon: got wrong size kind of Remote :heavy_check_mark: Xt60 charging port :soon: Vesc tool downloaded and ready :heavy_check_mark:

Am I missing something?

Fuse and BMS ?

1 Like

Oh yeah I do have BMS coming and forgot to put that in there. I haven’t checked on fuse yet, probably a god idea!!

Question about fuse. If my battery has the max capacity of 160 amps, those Amps will be split into two Flipsky Vescs that can handle 150A Burst each, according to them. BMS is rated 150 amps as well. So what size fuze should I get and where should I put it? Thanks

I would advise to take advice from more skilled people around here. For me a 120A on the main PSU line did the trick so far. But you can put one on each ESCsince they’re supposed to handle this amount of current. To be checked that said.

1 Like

If you use a bms and a fuse you go double safety. If you choose the fuse to 150a I guess your bms will cut off before the fuse burn. Usually the fuse can handle the marked amps for constant current. Make sure that you get the right fuse to your voltage. Most car fuses 32V but there also 58V which would fit better for a 12s setup.

1 Like

@Silverline and I bought 6x 8072S - All failed :frowning:

6 Likes

When going for a fuse be sure to check the graphs at the manufacturers site, they show for how long what ammount of amps the fuses can take. For example, some can take the rated amps for 60s before melting, others can take rated amps for 0.1s before melting :slight_smile:

@Silverline @DK-Odense in the videos that sounds just like a resonance to me. With a bigger diameter bell resonance effects will be more pronounced. And I bet that the bell was not dynamically balanced. Then if you add the magnets at a slightest offset it will make matters worse. But it did not sound too bad at all, I think it should be usable if it is not shaking too much. Or is there something more I dont see?

Edit: I saw the vibration on the last video from DK-Odense… that sucks. Looks like the whole bell is violently vibrating.

@Risewithin Those motors look insane, jeebus. I am very interested to see how FlipSkys work out for you. And that battery… lawd almighty… This build probably costs like 2x more than my car :smiley:

1 Like

Yep - When the stutter/vibration kicked in at a certain level of RPM there was a loss in power, and you felt this very much riding your board. If the board was running smooth i could live with the sound, but there was a massive loss in power.

4 Likes

Sorry to go off topics @Risewithin.

What kind of gear drive are you using @DK-Odense? I see those Korean wheels gears alllllll the way back there :eyes::eyes::eyes:

Yeah technically for sure !

The Leopard copper fillment is really high, also the design is very sexy IMO. Have used them with AS5047 too, okay one Motor failed at some point, but i used the Leopard already since around 2 years…

Also interrested how the Flipsky work with the Alien !

2 Likes